Paulding County - 451.7875

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Today I was listening to 451.7875, which is licensed to Grady Hospital in DMR (among others), in "Digital Monitor" mode on my CS750 DMR/MotoTRBO scanner. I found Grady Hospital Security is using Color Code 4, Timeslot 1, Talkgroup 1. But that's not really the reason for my post.

While listening to that frequency in Digital Monitor Mode, I also heard on Slot 1 Color Code 1 Talkgroup 200 what sounded like an ambulance dispatched to "Friendship Church Road" and separately heard an "Engine 5" talking to a dispatcher. I started poking around, and it looks like Talkgroup 200 Color Code 1 matches Paulding County Fire on their UHF MotoTRBO Capacity+ trunked system. 451.7875 is a business band frequency, not public safety, and is licensed to Diversified Electronics in the Paulding County area. Nevertheless, it appears this frequency has been added to one of the Paulding County Public Safety trunked system sites. I am not sure which yet. Obviously from here in midtown Atlanta it is overpowered the Grady Hospital Security repeater, along with another repeater using Color Code 1 Talkgroup 5000 (possibly the Loews hotel or Morehouse School of Medicine).

It is amazing how much DMR activity there is in Georgia and elsewhere. There are software programs that do a good job of decoding DMR/MotoTRBO activity on a PC, but I've had more fun simply using Digital Monitor mode on my handheld CS750 DMR scanner.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.