151.505 East Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
Over the past few days I've heard an ambulance service using 151.505. So far I haven't been able to decode a tone on it, but my Icom will only decode PL, so I'm guessing they're using a DPL.

I've heard them mention Medic 1, 2 and 3 and heard that one was transporting to Methodist Medical in Oak Ridge.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
That being an Itinerant Business freq, and commonly used by both PHI, and AEL it could very well be one of them, most likely AEL setting up a new base, or at least comm site.
If you start hearing Helo traffic let us know.

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
I've actually been monitoring the frequency because I know I've heard AEL on it before. However, I haven't heard AEL on it recently. These are just "Medic 1" "Medic 2" etc. It does sound like a repeater output as it's a very clear signal.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Petroleum Helicopters Inc.
PHI, Inc - The Total Helicopter Company
The single largest licensee for Air Medical Services in the USA. They are however now moving towards more and more DMR, so if you hear that on itenerant freqs, and decode it and its medevac helos etc.... It could very well be PHI. PHI holds the licenses for IU Health LifeLine, Southeast MS Air Ambulance District's primary helo operators, and at least 25 other medevac helos nationwide.

Last edited by a moderator:

PHI has a air medical base in Monticello KY and Morgan County is in their coverage area

Status
Not open for further replies.