AIRSPY Mini Pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkfish457

Over on the rtl-sdr.com website this article appeared today:

The Airspy Mini has similar high performance specifications to the Airspy R2, but comes in a USB dongle sized enclosure and only costs $99 USD – half the price of the $199 USD Airspy R2. The only difference in specification appears to be that the Airspy Mini has 6 MHz of spurious free bandwidth, versus 9 MHz in the Airspy R2, and that it lacks the external clock input and some of the expansion headers which are mainly useful only for advanced experimenters. The other features including its 24 – 1800 MHz operation, 12-bit ADC and 0.5 PPM TCXO all remain the same. The Airspy team also write that the Mini still supports a 20 MSPS mode for ADS-B decoding with the ADSBSpy decoder, which should place its ADS-B decoding performance at an identical level to the Airspy R2, which is very good.

The release date is sometime in May.

Attachments

• airspy_mini-500x328.jpg
    airspy_mini-500x328.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 613

garys

Premium Subscriber
I would not rush to buy another product from Airspy. I emailed them on April 5 about my repaired unit being off frequency and don't have any sort of answer other than that they are waiting to hear from the factory and a request that I run a couple of tests to see if the drift was consistent across the bands.

Nice products, but customer service is spotty, at best.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
DHL is supposed to be delivering mine on Monday. Nice to see a delivery schedule as promised (in May).

Status
Not open for further replies.