Help with purchase questions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a BC396XT which I love. Unfortunately in PA, many counties such as Chester and York and Adams and Philly, etc.... are moving to the new P25 P 2 and X2TDMA equipment. I have been comparing the uniden scanner selections and think that the BC325P2 might be the best option for me. I need a good handheld, both digital and analog capabilities with most of the "bells and Whistles" of the 396xt.

I also have heard that amazon is a fair reputable site to make this purchase from but am concerned about some of the recent shipping issues where they have shipped used equipment and incorrect models.

So, would someone with a bit more experience have any comments on the 325P2 purchase either pro or con? Would any one have any more information about the Amazon shipping issues and if this is the best site for purchase on line? I can't seem to find any dealers lose by for face to face transactions with new equipment. Thanks for all your answers.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have both the 396 and the 325. They are basically the same "insides". The 325 uses 2 batteries and has a shorter battery life, lower audio, but it decodes the Phase 2.

I would be cautious buying from Amazon. There are some reputable sellers on ebay and of course there are the radio stores like Universal, Ham Radio Outlet, Scannermaster, and Bearcat Warehouse to name a few.

marksmith

I also have both radios and still use both of them. I got the 325p2 thru Amazon with no issues, as well as two hp-2 radios, an hp-1, 436, 536, and some others. I have had no issues at all other than the hp-1 radio not working properly when received. Amazon promptly replaced it with a new radio within 2 days at no cost to me.

I have no qualms about buying thru Amazon. I have heard of some of the recent issues, but in each case I think Amazon provided a new replacement radio.

If you can get the same price at Ham Radio Outlet, Universal Radio, Scanner master or other dealers I would go for it. I have also bought through them when the prices were competitive.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Personally, I'd be more concerned about some eBay sellers than I would be concerned about Amazon. I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon over the years and when there has been an issue, they've always been quick to correct it.

As long as you're dealing with a well-known vendor, you can probably just shop the price without too much concern.

John AC4JK

lubstorfk

You can also find it on line through Wal-Mart. You can get it delivered to your home or for pickup at your local store. The model you're seeking is carried by them. Uniden Bcd325p2 TrunkTracker V Mobile Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.