Remote Head vs 996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsl2000

Is there any way to operate the 996P2 with the remote head that works for earlier models?

I have been toying with developing a very small interface box, as a go between the 996P2 and the remote head. This will allow the 996P2 to "look like" a 996XT and work with the remote head. Any commands specific to the 996P2 would not be supported.

Wondering if others are interested?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I would certainly be interested! I used the rear serial port to connect my 996XT's to the RH96 as a proof of concept, this also worked on the BCT15 and the BCT15X but of course would not work on the 996P2 (I tried...).

I suppose if you could fool the RH96 into thinking it was talking to an XT AND the P2 had the same data at the serial port as the XT does then it could work. Of course there might be other issues at play, such as whether the 996P2's internal firmware supports the same remote control commands from the rear serial port like the XT does.

Benmin

Premium Subscriber
I'd be way interested in a remote. Used the 996 with the remote for years, just "upgraded" and realized I can't use the remote head

Any further development yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.