PI 3 Audio Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of Converting my Feed from a Old XP Laptop to a Raspberry PI 3 i just bought for Flightaware. My question is their a way to manipulate the software to use the Audio Port Versus the Mic Port? When following the Wiki listed here their is no Capture options on the Pi 3 or the 7.1 USB soundcard i have i know in previous Windows Software their was a button or option you could enable that took Audio in from the Outbound Port

nated1992

I am in the process of Converting my Feed from a Old XP Laptop to a Raspberry PI 3 i just bought for Flightaware. My question is their a way to manipulate the software to use the Audio Port Versus the Mic Port? When following the Wiki listed here their is no Capture options on the Pi 3 or the 7.1 USB soundcard i have i know in previous Windows Software their was a button or option you could enable that took Audio in from the Outbound Port

No.

You have to get a USB audio card with a mic or line in. The Pi dose not offer a built in option.
Hopefully it will in the future.

Also don't expect it to preform or act like your windows laptop did... They are extremely different!

putterizer

Ive got one Feed going, now waiting on Approval for a Second Feed

Im hoping all i need is a second cfg file for Darkice and dont have to recopy all the files

I'd be interested in learning how you got the Darkice to work and stream from a Raspberyy Pi 3. I cannot get Darkice to fire up and work on my Pi 3.

chudgoo

Premium Subscriber

I followed this process and everything worked out fine.
Raspberry Pi Broadcastify Build - The RadioReference Wiki

Also, oddly enough I had more trouble with the soundcard itself... the mic input was mono, as expected, but they used a T/R/S jack, but only tip and ring are soldered on.
Tried TR, T/R/S, T/R/R/S cables and couldn;t get a solid connection...
Even when using a TR (mono) cable, I had to insert it to -just- the right spot or I'd get a super weak signal.

Finally ended up solving the problem with a rubber gasket. I think the connector was NOT meant to be flush mounted in the case, but instead recessed about .5mm. But that's the quality control you get when you buy a $1.86 soundcard. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.