pro 652

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglew

Look for info on what software to use with programing cable.and were to download thanks in advance

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Look for info on what software to use with programing cable.and were to download thanks in advance
Hi kinglew
Welcome to RadioReference.

Start with some of the articles in the Wiki here on the site.
GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

There are three software programs that are available for your Pro-652:
Win500; PSREdit500; and ARC500. There are two versions of ARC500- Basic & Pro. The Basic offers programming, including importing frequency information from the site into the software to program your scanner (importing requires a Premium Membership). The Pro edition adds recording and logging capabilities. Win500 and PSREdit500 include programming, import, logging, and recording by default, no need to pay more for a different version. More information, as well as download links, can be found here:
Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

All three programs offer a 30-day trial period before you have to either buy a license for the software, or it quits working. I prefer Win500, but try all three, to see which one you like best.

DJ11DLN

The software is generally agreed to be a personal preference thing, i.e. "Ford vs Chevy/Miller vs Bud." Nice thing is with the trial periods you can test drive all of them. I like Win500 and so that was the one I purchased but you may like one of the others, give them all a try and buy what you like best.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.