Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Sorry for all the questions.

Since last week all of a sudden I started hearing ENC talking going on this freq: 410.1875.

So I am just wondering if anyone has heard any non enc comms on this channel and what guys might be using this channel.

I have never heard this Sim UHF channel used here before.

Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

kma371

QRT
If you do a search in the database for it, you will find the answer to your question

kma371

QRT
Ok I did but that doesn't tell me much, just seeing if anyone knows and if they have heard any non enc comms on it and what they might be looking for as to why they are using that channel here and flying around in a airplane at night and the one guy talking on that channel from the plane.

Let me know.

Ontario Provincial Police

410.18750 M D1C NAC OPP TRU TAC Tactics and Rescue Unit

Probably a tactical operation like surveillance. Most likely why it's encrypted. They don't want people to know what they are doing.

SCPD

QRT
And is this channel mainly enc or has anyone ever heard them talk without the enc turned on.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've heavily edited this thread to remove the details of an ongoing surveillance operation.

Let's not give the bad guys an advantage.

SCPD

QRT
Sorry Steve. And I have no idea what is going on since they are all 100% enc. If they weren't enc I would know what they are doing and who they are watching or looking for and wouldn't of asked this on here. So this is why I was asking.

Because I have never seen this channel used here before. I have always heard SIM 16 being used and knew when I heard this channel, they were here looking for someone doing drugs or whatever.

Just hearing this channel is what I found weird as to why they would use both channels (SIM 16 and this one) to do what they are doing. Instead of just SIM 16.

That is why I asked.

mciupa

So, anything exciting happen in this forum while I was asleep? :eek:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you hear the TRU channel active in your area, someone is about to have a bad day.

And, for the record, I can't recall the last time I heard clear comms on it in the London area. Always encrypted, as it should be.

SCPD

QRT
Oh k so these are the bigger undercover guys and not the usual ones that might use SIM 16.

So these guys on this channel are looking for someone really important not a guy doing minor drugs or something like that you mean.

And ok just thought that since for you guys down south around Toronto and that probably hear these type of channels everyday or quite often. So that is why I was asking to see what exatly this channel is used for, since I never heard it used hear before for all the years I have been listening other than SIM 16 every now and then.

And yah if it's for this type of stuff then better to be enc.

Status
Not open for further replies.