Sentinel and HP-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeErieLarry

Good morning everyone:

I have tried to load favorites list from sentinel. Lake County Law and Lake County Fire to be exact.
I go to Sentinel Favorites list click on Marcs IP.. Load up Lake County Law (43)..

This seems to work just fine. Problem is this..All The Marcs IP loads into favorites.The whole list.

I have never had an issue before loading the specific system I want. What have I forgotten to do for isolating a specific Lake County(43) only download.And the Fire.

Thanks guys I appreciate any advice you can give me.

PS: When I click on Lake County Law in favorites list all cities drop down for review and setting delay etc. All other cities just show the frequency in Marcs. Maybe this is correct on favorites. Advice would be appreciated.

Respectfully,
LakeErieLarry

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Good morning everyone:

I have tried to load favorites list from sentinel. Lake County Law and Lake County Fire to be exact.
I go to Sentinel Favorites list click on Marcs IP.. Load up Lake County Law (43)..

This seems to work just fine. Problem is this..All The Marcs IP loads into favorites.The whole list.

I have never had an issue before loading the specific system I want. What have I forgotten to do for isolating a specific Lake County(43) only download.And the Fire.

Thanks guys I appreciate any advice you can give me.

PS: When I click on Lake County Law in favorites list all cities drop down for review and setting delay etc. All other cities just show the frequency in Marcs. Maybe this is correct on favorites. Advice would be appreciated.

Respectfully,
LakeErieLarry

Sentinel will load all the sites - either avoid or delete the ones you do not want.

LakeErieLarry

Thanks phask..I was afraid that was the case ..LOL Hoping I was doing something wrong..
click, click click for awhile... hahahahhah

I did a select all void and put back what I wanted quick and easy.. I did not realize sentinel placed all stations in Favorites.

Last edited:

marksmith

It loads all the sites, but if you pick just a department and right click append, it should only add the selected talkgroups.

Although it adds all the sites they are easy to delete or avoid. Also, the scanner will not spend much time scanning those sites where it can't hear the control channel.

For size of file, its good to delete, but I don't think the scan will take a real long time without deleting. Might be longer in that system though if it goes through all of them.

Normal sized systems with 3-6 sites its not a big deal but I understand your situation is different.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Nasby

The easiest way is to select "edit favorites" then highlight the frequencies/sites you don't want and then delete a bunch of them at once.

If you do the "avoid" or "append from favorites" routeyou will be doing a whole lotta clicking.

phask

Premium Subscriber
The easiest way is to select "edit favorites" then highlight the frequencies/sites you don't want and then delete a bunch of them at once.

If you do the "avoid" or "append from favorites" routeyou will be doing a whole lotta clicking.

You can select all or a group and avoid - or delete, either one.

For one of my most used - I delete all but 4, then avoid all but 1. It makes it easier to select a site for using the advanced features.

- Mark - System that Larry has - Ohio Marc has a TON of sites :)

Voyager

AVOID is better so they are not re-added if you add another TG.

It's hard to believe that some people would want the weekly database to automatically update the FLs since you would have to delete the sites every time you update the database.

D

darunimal

No, I think, they want the OPTION, I agree with your general sentiment that it would be a can of worms, then we would have more complaints of messed up Favorite List and this and that, A couple Yes No boxes in a truly Advanced User section with a PREEMPTIVE WARNING and a couple of choices, Sentinel already ask me if I want to program my Favorites by way of a right click and scroll to Program Favorites and a left click, it's like "well of course I want to Program the Favorite List, System or Deparment or TGID, I clicked-on it, didn't I?" but the you can DELETE a Favorite with one accidental Click without preemption or secondary click. I can't even Program all my Favorite Lists at one time without going back upwards, not the most intuitive layout, on these 2 or 3 features.

Voyager

Can you imagine having to say NO to a site list the size of MARCS?

It's much easier to simply leave the FLs alone and if you want to add them, simply add them. You can even add all of them by adding one TG (which can be deleted later).

But, the point is why I suggested leaving them there and using the AVOID option - so the next time a TG is added only the new sites will be added and the majority which the FL already has will remain AVOIDed. You would then only have to AVOID the new ones that were added.

As you said - it's a can of worms and no matter how you try to solve it someone will not like it. Better off to put those resources to work elsewhere, right?

LakeErieLarry

Nasby:

Can you clarify how to delete in edit.. I highlighted all and only get void.. It still runs through all the channels in void.It just doesn't stop on all. Takes loads of time to scan Marcs IP .. Thanks.

LakeErielarry

Nasby

Highlight the sites you don't want by holding down the shift key and then the arrow down key.

Once the sites are highlighted, right click your mouse or keypad and select "delete".

Then you will have fast, happier MARCS scanning.

Last edited:

LakeErieLarry

Nasby.. Thank you Kind Sir..

It worked like a charm !! Plus I learned something new in sentinel and computer how too!!!

Last edited:

Voyager

Of course, the next time you add a TG those will be put back in. That's why I recommended the AVOID rather than DELETE. Same procedure - just hit the AVOID column rather than the DELETE selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.