Hobbs P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC1309

Well, its officially done now. The Lea County system is over on P25 Phase II and encrypted. So far, the only one left in the open is the Hobbs Fire channels. They pulled the plug on it Monday afternoon (05/02). The EDACS system is still in the mix until the full conversion is done, however the only thing being heard is the key up and no audio being transmitted. Passing along for anyone interested.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Knew it was coming just did not think so soon.

Get ready to see a lot of new P25 systems go almost full encryption. El Paso County FULL encryption as well. I know ABQ & Bernco want more as well on there new system.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I know ABQ & Bernco want more as well on there new system.
Well, that's not good to hear. Unless they're thinking of only applying encryption on TAC or NCIC talkgroups. I have a department issued radio, so it won't affect me much, but I don't want to have to carry it around when I'm not on duty.

SCPD

QRT
You will start to see this more in NM unfortunately. We were issued new radios and that is the plan.

CC1309

Week 2 and missing the radio traffic. 3 scanners sitting here collecting dust from the wind storms. May connect the 996xt up to the computer and start scanning the bands to see what other kind of traffic is out there may be missing out on.

kmi8dy

i think it was juleus ceaser that said, " the first step in conquering a people, is to take away there weapons".and the second step is, " don't tell them your going to do it." and the third step is, if they do find out, run like hell. LOL

thank god that we do have some sheriffs and some chiefs of police that want the public to know whats going on. its what they call "an open society". those that are going encrypted probably have something to hide and have an ego bigger than hell. i can see encrypted traffic with swat and other sensitive situations.

scooter1979

Premium Subscriber
Yea - when you are talking about certain situations I agree that it is appropriate to encrypt. State and County/City governments have NO business doing so. This county gets Tyranny and Transparency confused.... all the time.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Can anyone run Pro96Com and post the site file here so I can update the Database. And if anyone has ID'd any talkgroups, please post them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.