How to : SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Ok I have a couple SDR dongles ,..set up with sdr# seems to work used it with dsdplus & it decoded conventional nexedge freq just fine ,.. however I would like to track & follow voice on other systems like p25 turbo etc ,..I tried to read & install unitrunker plugin ,..but cant get it installed for some reason ,..Is there a really really beginner tutorial to getting this setup correctly ,? I think my problem with the unitrunker plugin is I cannot find the folder where remote .dll goes its like it doesnt exist ?

caphab1

Tutorials

Try these Hammer:
SDR as a Police and Fire radio scanner | Hackaday

https://www.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/comments/1d5jmv/updated_sdrsharp_trunking_plugin_with_settings/

EDIT: With SDR#, you have to drag and drop the plugin .dll where the sdr# .exe is installed to on your system.. There also should have been a notepad file that downloaded with the dll for the extension.. There is an add key in that file that needs to be pasted into the plugins.xml file in your SDR# directory. Its an add key line that needs to be copied. Make Sense?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Ok I have a couple SDR dongles ,..set up with sdr# seems to work used it with dsdplus & it decoded conventional nexedge freq just fine ,.. however I would like to track & follow voice on other systems like p25 turbo etc ,..I tried to read & install unitrunker plugin ,..but cant get it installed for some reason ,..Is there a really really beginner tutorial to getting this setup correctly ,? I think my problem with the unitrunker plugin is I cannot find the folder where remote .dll goes its like it doesnt exist ?

You could install stand-alone Unitrunker and use it with DSD+, have you tried that yet?

QDP2012

I am not sure if this would help, but at the bottom of the RR Wiki:UniTrunker page are some links to pages with installation instructions.

Hope this helps,

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Ok well Im going to scale back & slow down ,.. For now my goal is just get it decode consistently for example I have had it decode 142.875 which is NXDN , seemed to be working ok just parked on that one freq ,..but now I cant seem to get it to work as well again ,..So to try a stronger signal for me would be this system KELCOM Connect Plus (Windsor) Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies which is Turbo ,.. I entered the freqs in freq manager & can park on them ,..one at a time ,..& it tries to decode ,I catch some words but its mostly garbled ,.. So first I need to know what to adjust for more consistent voice decoding because right now its either garbled or in some cases like fleet net , I get nothing ,..After that I would like to be able to group frequencies together & scan them ,.. I have tried the plugin for that & it doesn't seem to scan no matter how I mess with squelch or threshold , I would also like to be able to do a frequency search ,with it stopping on & decoding where it can ,..but as with the group scan ,..it doesnt seem to go ..almost as if the squelch is open If by some miracle I resolve all those issues ,..then it will be time to try unitrunker or trunk 88 again & see if its possible to actually follow conversations .// thats my plan for now anyway ..

Status
Not open for further replies.