BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Seeing Trunked System Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcat

The 436 is a great radio and has numerous feature that I love, but.....

it does lack some features that we really need to go forward with keeping RR up to date. The lack of having things like the control channel mode for custom searches certainly inhibits the ability to figure out the freqs in use on a trunked system. Even the ability to see the frequencies on the display on a programmed system would go a long way to help document a system on paper. The analysis mode does not show frequencies either. Relying on the info in the FCC database is not always exactly correct or complete. It would be great if a future firmware update would address a least on of these concepts to give us the ability to see trunked system freqs.

If I am missing something please give me some direction on how to see trunked system freqs on the display.

Rich

troymail

Silent Key

it does lack some features that we really need to go forward with keeping RR up to date. The lack of having things like the control channel mode for custom searches certainly inhibits the ability to figure out the freqs in use on a trunked system. Even the ability to see the frequencies on the display on a programmed system would go a long way to help document a system on paper. The analysis mode does not show frequencies either. Relying on the info in the FCC database is not always exactly correct or complete. It would be great if a future firmware update would address a least on of these concepts to give us the ability to see trunked system freqs.

If I am missing something please give me some direction on how to see trunked system freqs on the display.

Rich

I myself have raised some of these same issues (along with others like users options to provide less data on the display to allow for larger text) in the past but as always, no response from Uniden (or it's spokesperson here on RR). I'm pretty sure several versions of firmware have been released since I raised the lack of the active frequency on the display so I guess it's not important to them.

Perhaps they are (still?) putting their resources into getting around to someday providing everything that was originally promised but more likely they are more focused on working on something to get more money out of your pocket instead (and no one is going to pay to show the frequency on the screen).

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

it does lack some features that we really need to go forward with keeping RR up to date. The lack of having things like the control channel mode for custom searches certainly inhibits the ability to figure out the freqs in use on a trunked system. Even the ability to see the frequencies on the display on a programmed system would go a long way to help document a system on paper. The analysis mode does not show frequencies either.

Rich

If you use Proscan, it will show you the freqs with activity and the cc. http://proscan.org/

k3fs

I agree Rich. Seeing voice channels would be nice, and is very helpful in tracking down some system issues. They advertised this radio to have some more advanced features for the user that wants it. Having the advanced analysis features as was announced and continued to be promised would resolve these points. The advanced analysis features of the HP 1 included a current activity screen, as well as trunked activity logging. Both show frequency and TG information. The 369XT shows TG info while parked on the control channel.

We really want nothing more than what was already announced and advertised. Clearly there are some limitations by the display. Not asking for stellar appearance. Just asking for the functions as was announced.

There are other programs that can be used as well. But, I am not sure they will work with the 436 either. The 436 also lacks the ability to send control channel data output as the 396XT does. One of the key things I was looking forward to was having those analysis features available, without the need to lug around a computer, and cables. At this point you still need a radio capable of data output to the computer.

I agree the 436 has huge potential, but it has yet to be delivered.

bearcat

I myself have raised some of these same issues (along with others like users options to provide less data on the display to allow for larger text) in the past but as always, no response from Uniden (or it's spokesperson here on RR). I'm pretty sure several versions of firmware have been released since I raised the lack of the active frequency on the display so I guess it's not important to them.

Perhaps they are (still?) putting their resources into getting around to someday providing everything that was originally promised but more likely they are more focused on working on something to get more money out of your pocket instead (and no one is going to pay to show the frequency on the screen).
I hate to say it but I probably (not happily) would pay for it at this point.

bearcat

If you use Proscan, it will show you the freqs with activity and the cc. ProScan
Thanks for the info but Proscan and a computer is not very portable. I had all this data on the much smaller display of the 396XT. That radio had several screen modes for displaying what the end user desired

bearcat

I agree Rich. Seeing voice channels would be nice, and is very helpful in tracking down some system issues. They advertised this radio to have some more advanced features for the user that wants it. Having the advanced analysis features as was announced and continued to be promised would resolve these points. The advanced analysis features of the HP 1 included a current activity screen, as well as trunked activity logging. Both show frequency and TG information. The 369XT shows TG info while parked on the control channel.

We really want nothing more than what was already announced and advertised. Clearly there are some limitations by the display. Not asking for stellar appearance. Just asking for the functions as was announced.

There are other programs that can be used as well. But, I am not sure they will work with the 436 either. The 436 also lacks the ability to send control channel data output as the 396XT does. One of the key things I was looking forward to was having those analysis features available, without the need to lug around a computer, and cables. At this point you still need a radio capable of data output to the computer.

I agree the 436 has huge potential, but it has yet to be delivered.
There is plenty of screen real estate. Just offer different display modes like previous models. After over two years I do not believe we will ever see the analysis feature that was promised in the Uniden video. I know my next purchase will be well after the initial release to see if what they promised and what I actually get really happen. I have probably purchased every new Uniden model since I was 14 and that is 46 years ago. Those days are over.

ansky

The HP-2 has a feature where you can see what frequencies are active and which talkgroups are using the frequency in real time. What I don't like is that you can't listen to the system while it's doing this, which makes no sense.

k3fs

I hate to say it but I probably (not happily) would pay for it at this point.

But, we did PAY for the advanced analysis features when we bought the radio. Those features would give the information wanted as well. .

bearcat

Correct. Previous models were able to provide the info on the display of the radio.

bearcat

That comment was mostly out of frustration and lack of any type of response from Uniden. I thought cash may motivate an answer. Yes we did pay for the analysis feature. What we got is a total joke. Fixing analysis would fix both issues.

bearcat

Not only were we told we were getting a $100.00 how about the quote

"The 436 includes all of the great features from previous models and more"

Really? I can think of several that are missing. UPman, time to man up and tell us you cannot deliver on your promises in the video or tell us it is on the way. I think I have been more than patient waiting over two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.