New Talk group on Las Cruces EDACS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is it a patch for lcpd or is DASO migrating over to the trs? I'm aware they just moved into that new dispatch center but if they are just patching it over full time it makes one wonder will they patch primary lcpd onto a vhf for DASO units or the sheriffs getting newer dual band harris radios.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
To be honest, I'm not sure. I just happen to find the new talk groups by luck. I originally thought it was some sort of drill or exercise based on the talk group numbers 04-xxx. That was the first time I saw the 04-xxx ever used.

SCPD

QRT
Interesting. I know in time the city of cruces will be moving toward phase II but it's a bit down road as the current edacs system is pretty solid. I'd imagine it is for lcpd since supervisors use to be the only ones with a vhf radio for county and vice versa. It would be nice to see citywide dispatch rebroadcast on vhf for DASO. Last I was aware the system wasn't capable of reaching sunland park but that could have changed with the changes when the new center was put in and tower sites being updated for DASO.

SCPD

QRT
Interesting so entire county going on edacs? which will eventually be phase 2 with the new harris edacs/p25 migration gear it appears but possible they are just patching over for lcpd.

I would keep a eye on vhf to see if any new channels are used or patched from edacs to vhf. I noticed in the fcc database a few new frequencies they haven't had in past and looks like the county is keeping road dept low band in use also. They also have frequencies it appears for coordinated multi agency use under the sheriffs office for border protection and such. Will have to keep eyes on vhf also see what changes are happening.

Last edited:

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
DAC is staying VHF they are in the middle of a BIG simulcast project for both Fire and Sheriff dispatch.

City FIRE will be moving to P25 phase I soon with PD following shortly after. Will be a slow switch but they are very close to going live with the P25 system.

Not sure if Sunland jumped on the city system or not. They are a bit far for coverage I would think with LC system only having 1 site to cover the city. Maybe a patch that is up would be my guess. I will listen next time I am down that way and see what I can figure

SCPD

QRT
DAC is staying VHF they are in the middle of a BIG simulcast project for both Fire and Sheriff dispatch.

City FIRE will be moving to P25 phase I soon with PD following shortly after. Will be a slow switch but they are very close to going live with the P25 system.

Not sure if Sunland jumped on the city system or not. They are a bit far for coverage I would think with LC system only having 1 site to cover the city. Maybe a patch that is up would be my guess. I will listen next time I am down that way and see what I can figure

Anyword if the 2 primary trs channels for pd and fd will be multicast patched to a vhf channel for county? SO is still running Kenwoods and the last set of rookies were given new kenwood analog portables. It's a good idea they are finally patching vhf SO over to PD. I rrmember in the past only supervisors for PD having a vhf the car. At the time those vhf radios still had vhf frequencies licensed to the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.