Airspy.us Poor Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I tried to post this on the Airspy.US forum on Yahoogroups, but apparently you need a Yahoo email address to sign up. Given the huge security breach they just had, I don't think that wise.

I sent my Airspy to Airspy.US for a non warranty repair back in February. It took a while, but the unit came back working. The problem is that it's consistently off frequency. I contacted them on April 5 about the frequency drift, but heard nothing back.

I emailed them again on the 19th and was told that they were "Still waiting to hear back from the factory." In subsequent emails they asked me to run some tests to see if the drift was consistent across the bands or varied. I did the tests and sent them the results on the 20th.

I haven't heard a word from them since despite repeated emails.

If you buy a unit from them and have troubles, don't expect a whole lot of support or communications. Certainly not the level you'd expect for a $200.00 product.

I know they're a small company, but that isn't an excuse.

Airspy-US

We are not doing to get into a public debate, but please understand that we do not build these units nor do we write the software and can not troubleshoot this level of technical issue. That is done by the factory and HQ. We have skilled techs who are capable of board level repairs, but we are prohibited from all but the most basic of repairs by contract. We understand and agree with the reasons for this. It took several weeks for the unit under evaluation to make it overseas despite being sent via Global Priority Mail. This is beyond our control. We are not required to serve as the intermediary for repairs, but we do that as a service to our customers and send replacement units at our cost (yes - we paid for your brand new replacement and get our replacement unit months later). Technically, you should have sent your unit to the factory for service,

We have recently come into some information on your issue which we will address via email. We are currently running about 12 hours behind on email replies due to updates and preparation for events, but we will reply. We are sorry that this delay is causing you aggravation. We don't feel that repeated emails saying "nothing new yet" are desired.

We believe your claims of lack of support or comminications are not deserved. As you have stated, there have been communications, and your unit was replaced. Technical support is best handled through the appropriate forums which we neither control nor own. We encourage this since you will then be talking to people who are much better versed in the technical aspects of these units.

If you want, we will continue to serve as intermediary, but we will be at the mercy of the speed at which we get answers. Again, we recommend the appropriate support forums for faster answers.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I understand all of this. I know that there is a time lapse incurred because of where the manufacturer is located. The issue is the lack of communication. If you follow the forums, that is a complaint about Uniden with some of their issues. All it would take is a very brief email saying something like, "We have received your information and are working with the factory to determine what we need to do to correct the issue."

Not replying to emails gives the impression, false or not, that you aren't working on the problem.

I look forward to your email.

We are not doing to get into a public debate, but please understand that we do not build these units nor do we write the software and can not troubleshoot this level of technical issue. That is done by the factory and HQ. We have skilled techs who are capable of board level repairs, but we are prohibited from all but the most basic of repairs by contract. We understand and agree with the reasons for this. It took several weeks for the unit under evaluation to make it overseas despite being sent via Global Priority Mail. This is beyond our control. We are not required to serve as the intermediary for repairs, but we do that as a service to our customers and send replacement units at our cost (yes - we paid for your brand new replacement and get our replacement unit months later). Technically, you should have sent your unit to the factory for service,

We have recently come into some information on your issue which we will address via email. We are currently running about 12 hours behind on email replies due to updates and preparation for events, but we will reply. We are sorry that this delay is causing you aggravation. We don't feel that repeated emails saying "nothing new yet" are desired.

We believe your claims of lack of support or comminications are not deserved. As you have stated, there have been communications, and your unit was replaced. Technical support is best handled through the appropriate forums which we neither control nor own. We encourage this since you will then be talking to people who are much better versed in the technical aspects of these units.

If you want, we will continue to serve as intermediary, but we will be at the mercy of the speed at which we get answers. Again, we recommend the appropriate support forums for faster answers.

Airspy-US

Thanks for your feedback. We are still going exactly what you said and apologize if that was not clear. We also do not regularly follow the forums unless someone points something out to us. I see we have to update our aviator, too.

garys

Premium Subscriber
As I said, I'd join the Yahoo group, but don't want to have to add another email account that could be hacked. Yahoo isn't exactly setting the standard for email account security.

I look forward to hearing from you via email.

I like your product and just want to be able to use it to it's maximum potential.

Thanks for your feedback. We are still going exactly what you said and apologize if that was not clear. We also do not regularly follow the forums unless someone points something out to us. I see we have to update our aviator, too.

ecps92

You don't need a Yahoo email to join Yahoogroups. Never have :roll:
As I said, I'd join the Yahoo group, but don't want to have to add another email account that could be hacked. Yahoo isn't exactly setting the standard for email account security.

I look forward to hearing from you via email.

I like your product and just want to be able to use it to it's maximum potential.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Tell that to the people that run Yahoo. They're the ones that wouldn't let me join without one. :roll:

You don't need a Yahoo email to join Yahoogroups. Never have :roll:

ecps92

As one who manages, Multiple Yahoogroups, you don't need one.

Then find that list you wish to join and subscribe/join under your existing Yahoo-profile

Having a Yahoo Profile is require, but that is not the same as having a Yahoo Email - a Common Confusion with folks :cool:
Tell that to the people that run Yahoo. They're the ones that wouldn't let me join without one. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.