What frequency does walmart use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insurgency

Not too sure if its a country wide thing or not< but don't Walmart employees use MURS frequencies? I used by baofeng uv5r to tune to all the MURS frequencies and didn't hear anything< and my Walmart is 0.2 miles away from me. not sure if theyre using a CTCSS or DCS code??? I know for a fact they aren't using GMRS or FRS frequencies because for a week straight I periodically scanned and didn't hear anything. im not trying to interfere < just putting it out there< but just want to know what frequency they ususally use

reconrider8

They use murs 5 here but you have to be right up in the store to hear them unless you have a good antenna then you still gotta be lucky to hear them far from the parkinglot

DickH

... my Walmart is 0.2 miles away from me. not sure if theyre using a CTCSS or DCS code??? ...

You need to be closer. You don't need the CTCSS or DCS codes. Those are so Walmart does not receive other stations that may be nearby.

Hans13

I'll chime in agreeing. Any of the Walmarts I have heard using MURS, their signal doesn't go far.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Not too sure if its a country wide thing or not< but don't Walmart employees use MURS frequencies? I used by baofeng uv5r to tune to all the MURS frequencies and didn't hear anything< and my Walmart is 0.2 miles away from me. not sure if theyre using a CTCSS or DCS code??? I know for a fact they aren't using GMRS or FRS frequencies because for a week straight I periodically scanned and didn't hear anything. im not trying to interfere < just putting it out there< but just want to know what frequency they ususally use
Try the search function using keywords walmart frequency

You'll lots of threads where this has already been discussed and answered and discussed and answered.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
A few Walmarts use tone squelch but not many, most are Csq. They use 1watt radios so unless you have a sensitive receiver and a good antenna, you might not hear them. Most stores use MURS ch.4 or 5. :wink: 73, n9zas

kd7mxi

murs ,,,, ch4, ch5 mostly ,,,,,, usualy with no dcs and no ctcss tones ,, there only licenced via granfather licencing in one state i think

Darkstar350

Sometimes with chain stores the licenses will pertain to the individual store number(s) - so if you
happen to know the exact number of the store near you that may give you a clue
A scanner with the close call feature helps also

Making a scanlist/group,etc of some GMRS/ "Common business" frequencies such as 154.600, 464.500 ,etc would
be useful as well
I have a list of a bunch of said frequencies if anyone is intrested...

asd6845

I live between 2 Walmarts nd on my Yaesu radio, I can hear them both operating on 154.5700 and 154.6000 with no PL's. I found that the managers use the 2 watt radios and associates use 1 watt radios. Some times when at a Walmart, and can't get help, I will get on my handheld and call an associate to where ever I am. LOL.

Some Walmarts are using the Motorola DTR series which puts them on FHSS in 900 Mhz license free. Interesting thing about this frequency range is it overlaps with the amateur radio 33cm band (902-928 Mhz). Problem with it being license use for them, they have no idea that the need to yield to amateur traffic which is licensed. Then hams are secondary on the band so they need to yield to licensed business/public safety on the frequency. So those DTR series radios are very annoying for hams.

Darkstar350

Attached is a list of some frequencies that anyone into scanning retail/business,etc would want to have in their scanners
A scanner with the tone search feature is optimal - keep all of these frequencies on search to differentiate for numerous businesses using the same frequency(however PL 67.0 seems to be a common tone for some frequencies and may or may not be used by more then one agency)...

Also here are some FCC licenses for Walmart
Its kind of tricky hunting thru these - some seem to be simplex freqs, others possibly a in-building repeater type setup...
Several different FRN as well

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPTQ802 - WALMART.COM USA LLC
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVG639 - WALMART STORES INC
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQLM376 - Wal Mart #2812
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVX283 - WAL MART STORE 614

Attachments

• biz.jpg
    biz.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7,652

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Darkstar, I can tell you that the Uhf frequencies in that list more than likely are used in Walmart distribution centers like the one not far from me. :wink: 73, n9zas

Darkstar350

Darkstar, I can tell you that the Uhf frequencies in that list more than likely are used in Walmart distribution centers like the one not far from me. :wink: 73, n9zas

Most likely
And what a lot of these "common business" frequencies i think are in the Motorola "Talkabout" line of radios or those small Motorola portables that you can get from Home Depot
Im not sure if these frequencies qualify as "GMRS" because that does require a license
Some companies do have GMRS licenses however i did not come across one for Walmart
The common freqs i dont think require a license just as long as the user dosent exceed a certain amount of power or use a repeater,etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.