Somerset County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed a change with Bridgewater PD not being on the air ?

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed a change with Bridgewater PD not being on the air ?

I'm monitoring right now on both systems. Quiet as of now. One thing I noticed about Bridgewater, is that sometimes they go from using normal FDMA one day to TDMA Phase II the next day. One day I'll hear everything, and the next, nothing (Since I don't monitor Somerset's 700 band)

I'm monitoring right now on both systems. Quiet as of now. One thing I noticed about Bridgewater, is that sometimes they go from using normal FDMA one day to TDMA Phase II the next day. One day I'll hear everything, and the next, nothing (Since I don't monitor Somerset's 700 band)

I'm hearing them on the 700 system only at the moment. Not the 500 system. Like I said above, they're always switching between both.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber

Thanks for taking the time to monitor and answer my question. I get frustrated monitoring at times.
Just when you think your pleased with the reception, problems pop up with another channel. It never ends... Thanks again!

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I monitor Somerset County p25. I have both 700 and 500 programmed in, and i do not miss any communications.

I also have both 700 Simulcast and UHF Simulcast for the P25 system programmed, but up until yesterday afternoon Bridgewater has been quiet. Yesterday it went back to normal communications.

Lately, I've noticed Phase II operations on the UHF side of the Somerset P25 system. Mostly North Plainfield, Park Rangers, Bernards, PD Region 1. It's been coming up at PT0 and PT1 via the UHF 500 side.

Also, talkgroups from Franklin have been coming over more often as of late. Normally, you'd get them on and off, but It's been more frequent.

I wonder if they're changing things around a bit over at county. Either way, I welcome the change. Maybe I won't have to switch to the 700 system to hear my Phase II channels anymore. Everything will work on the two bands.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Somerset Co P25

are you SURE you are getting Bernards PD on the 500 UHF channels ? I have never heard them on 500..always 700 since they went on the system. I live in Bernards., and they sound awful on both my 436 and 536 on phase II

are you SURE you are getting Bernards PD on the 500 UHF channels ? I have never heard them on 500..always 700 since they went on the system. I live in Bernards., and they sound awful on both my 436 and 536 on phase II

Not as often as the others I mentioned, but they've appeared a couple times as of late.

richee2000

Somerset Co was mostly 700 in the north part of the county, and 500 central and south. I am wondering if one of their cars was in somerville, , picking up a 500 tower? "County" dispatch for Bernards is always on 700 ..as far as I can tell.. do you agree?

Somerset Co was mostly 700 in the north part of the county, and 500 central and south. I am wondering if one of their cars was in somerville, , picking up a 500 tower? "County" dispatch for Bernards is always on 700 ..as far as I can tell.. do you agree?

True. Probably another unit on a Phase I channel, and then everything reverts to Phase I. Currently Bernards can be heard on 500 UHF at the moment as of a few seconds ago.

W2SJW

Database Admin
+30MHz for 700Mhz, +3MHz for the 500MHz channels.

The Type-II shutdown is slated to happen quite soon, so expect to see changes like this in the near future...

W2SJW

Database Admin
The 500 system is to be decommissioned quiet soon, and I was just told today that things might start moving again with the NJSP 800 system going Phase-II starting the end of the year...

richee2000

also, I made a favorites list on the Sentinel Software for my 436/536.. to hear the inputs to the Somerset Co P25 TRS. , using the calculations you gave me. for the Freqs

I set it up as follows:

Conventional
Modulation=Auto
Audio Option=Digital (which brings up NAC Search)

I am correct ?

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's correct, I just don't seem to understand why you are trying to monitor the inputs. I'm also fairly sure the scanner won't decode Phase-II transmissions in conventional mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.