Nightingale Regional Air Ambulance P25 Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiphall

Nightingale

I'm not exactly an authority on FCC applications and such, but I can tell you for sure that Nightingale hasn't added any new repeaters to our comms system.
The VHF repeater described here has been in place for years, and is used solely as a last-ditch backup system, if our entire UHF comm network goes offline.
There have also been no hardware changes to our UHF repeater, although we have done some work recently to try and eliminate an intermittant problem with some adjacent channel interference, probably being caused by a nearby paging or data serivce.
We do have a couple of other comms-related things going on, but it's still a little early to say much about those. But I will certainly keep RR updated as things evolve.
Thanks to all, for your interest in our service.

F.E. "Skip" Hall, Jr., BS, NR-P
Team Coordinator
Nightingale Regional Air Ambulance
Norfolk, VA

W4UVV

It appears that the license modification solely was to delete wide band analog operation emission (20KF3E) for fixed and mobile operations not add P25 Phase 1. Tnx for the info update.

John
W4UVV

mikext

The P-25 Phase-1 gives them the ability to communicate on the metro cities that currently use trunked and non-trunked P-25. Currituck County currently uses a P-25 phase-1 non trunked system.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Just heard the Dispatcher and Nightingale on ORION TG 1452. Seems they use 2 channels on ORION, TG 1452 is Nightingale Dispatch and TG 1419, is Ops 10 seems they switch over to ORION whenever the UHF gets scratchy. TG 1452 is labeled referred to as ORION Nightingale by the dispatcher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.