BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Senital tablet app

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Is there is a senital app for the android tablets ? If so please point in the right direction.

Big thanks like always.

k3fs

You answered the question. There was no need to add the last part. People are rightfully upset they have not received what was announced. They paid for it. No need for you to be so dismissive of that fact and label them haters.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You answered the question. There was no need to add the last part. People are rightfully upset they have not received what was announced. They paid for it. No need for you to be so dismissive of that fact and label them haters.

Can someone point me to where an app was announced for the 436HP?

Anyone? I don't remember anyone paying for an app for the 436HP.

Marshall KE4ZNR

coolderb

Is there is a senital app for the android tablets ? If so please point in the right direction.

Big thanks like always.

Proscan has a webserver component that works with most browsers. It allows you to control the scanner as well as stream audio. It can even access the 536 via wi-fi. Works great!

marksmith

Completely agree. No need to label someone looking for something they thought they bought as some sort of problem person.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Did Uniden promise Android support? What is taking so long if they did? Android is much more open than the Apple system..

N9JIG

Sheriff
The OP was asking for a Sentinel version that would run in an Android. Uniden has never said there would be any application other than a Windows one to perform the Sentinel duties (update the firmware and database, do some Favorites List programming).

They did (IIRC) say that they were working on an Android version of Siren, this is a totally different animal altogether. I would hope that this is in the pipeline someplace.

At work we get far more requests for a Mac version of Sentinel than an Android version of Siren, but then Sentinel is required for proper operation, the WiFi dongle is more of a toy to try out once or twice, never to be used again for most of us.

Voyager

The coming months will be interesting now that the repair campaign is (assumed to be) winding down. I base that on the fact many people are getting very fast turn-arounds on their repairs.

As for the haters, if anyone wants to claim that title for themselves, feel free. I named no names and as was pointed out this issue has nothing to do with other issues which may or may not have merit.

I will say that the haters I was thinking about have yet to post.

As for "no need to post", there was IMHO no need to post comments about issues OTHER than the one referenced by the OP. Yet, that happened, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.