Mass SP p25 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave2582

Curr: Hudson, NH Lived: Tewksbury/Billerica MA
I live on the border of MA/NH in particular the rt 3 side. I travel to the Lowell/Chelmsford area daily. I usually hear chatter on the motorola type II system on my pro 106. So I'll hear Trp A, H, and some of C when I can pick it up. I'd like to be able to listen to the P25 system. Can I make a new Tsys using the new tgrp IDs using the same frequencies, or do I need updated frequencies for the p25 system? I've been looking on here and the scan-ne site and can't seem to find the frequencies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin

gordon115

The P25 system doesn't cover that area. In Eastern Ma the areas covered are City of Boston, Cambridge and Logan airport. The Boston 700 overlay system covers the city and immediate adjacent towns it can't be heard much further than that. Same with Cambridge system it can be heard in Cambridge and immediate border cities and towns not much further.

Gordon

ecps92

Exactly , for those to really understand an Overlay, think like they did when we ran out of phone numbers and added additional area codes.

The 700 Overlay, covers Boston, Cambridge and a little (very little) outside due to the
Canton/Milton and Revere sites, yet for the MSP you only need the Analog Zone 5/8 for Rte-495

The P25 system doesn't cover that area. In Eastern Ma the areas covered are City of Boston, Cambridge and Logan airport. The Boston 700 overlay system covers the city and immediate adjacent towns it can't be heard much further than that. Same with Cambridge system it can be heard in Cambridge and immediate border cities and towns not much further.

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.