P25 150.0750

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

I'm putting this here instead of the Federal Forum due to the fact that this particular signal I located, is at full strength here in Asheville, easily received. 150.0750 is indicated as P 25, received conventionally with an NAC of 293. It is encrypted full time. The nearest candidate for the frequency is a repeater for the D.O.D. 14(C) system out of the Navy Weapons Center in Crane Indiana, unlikely.
I have run the following tests using an I.F. spread for the BCD536, a likely suspect arose at 415.625. It is a conventional BM for the Coast Guard Nationwide UHF system, does have an NAC of 293. Using an I.F. spread for the Pro 197, I find 171.475, there are multiple listings for the National Park Service, no NAC 293 is listed for any, they consist of PL's. If I accept that the I.F. could be off a few decimal points, I locate 171.775, also National Park listings, and an NAC of 293.
I have run 150.0750, the actual hit, as a P25 trunked system, inputting the channel. I have run 415.6250 as a P25 system, inputting the channel.
After several hours, running all frequencies as conventional, and the trunked systems, the only results are consistent activity on 150.0750. Since nothing else shows up, I can only conclude that there is an undocumented use of 150.0750 in the Buncombe County area. Maybe others have some more knowledge about this.. let me know, take care.

ecps92

There are Plenty of FEDERAL users not Reported in the RRDB (for various reasons) ;)

Your user could be the USMC from Camp Lejune, as my notes indicate
it is likely their channel called "CLR Conventional 1", used outside the TRS

Is there a USMC training area in the Asheville area?

If not
Also that Freq is allocated to MARS, maybe the LOCAL MARS guys are experimenting

Also $293 is a default NAC - so trying to confirm an agency, especially being ENC is a very tough job

I'm putting this here instead of the Federal Forum due to the fact that this particular signal I located, is at full strength here in Asheville, easily received. 150.0750 is indicated as P 25, received conventionally with an NAC of 293. It is encrypted full time. The nearest candidate for the frequency is a repeater for the D.O.D. 14(C) system out of the Navy Weapons Center in Crane Indiana, unlikely.
I have run the following tests using an I.F. spread for the BCD536, a likely suspect arose at 415.625. It is a conventional BM for the Coast Guard Nationwide UHF system, does have an NAC of 293. Using an I.F. spread for the Pro 197, I find 171.475, there are multiple listings for the National Park Service, no NAC 293 is listed for any, they consist of PL's. If I accept that the I.F. could be off a few decimal points, I locate 171.775, also National Park listings, and an NAC of 293.
I have run 150.0750, the actual hit, as a P25 trunked system, inputting the channel. I have run 415.6250 as a P25 system, inputting the channel.
After several hours, running all frequencies as conventional, and the trunked systems, the only results are consistent activity on 150.0750. Since nothing else shows up, I can only conclude that there is an undocumented use of 150.0750 in the Buncombe County area. Maybe others have some more knowledge about this.. let me know, take care.

AlphaFive

P25 150.0750

Right now, that freq is just a big unknown. What you suggested could easily be, and likely is correct. I have yet to locate any Ground operations, but hey, I'm not listening 24/7, not yet anyway...The only thing I can hope is that one of the users possibly utilizes the frequency in the clear, we'll see, I'm going to stay on this one. The transmiiter is not far off. Thanks for that reply, and take care up there

reconrider8

So are you hearing the p-25 or not s it encrypted?if it's not encrypted or even if it is just use avrecirding app for a few days and see what kind of hits you get on it

AlphaFive

P25 150.0750

The signal is encrypted 100% of the time, only received as conventional P25. I'm going to look up the app you suggested, not familiar with it, sounds interesting, thanks all

ohhhhhhhh, 'AV Recorder', must have more coffee..

Last edited:

spacellamaman

Rx'd for the first time today off and on between 1230-1330. Central Piedmont NC. All ENC, $293 with TGID as 1 and RID as 1. with a Pro668 sitting stationary got everything from 1 -5 bars signal with indications of it being simplex and mobile on both ends.

nothing really to add except N303HP was in the area during this time doing something back and forth, which may mean nothing, but kinda figured the NCSHP would repaint their hand-me-downs, and seemed kinda odd since both were first timers for me. (if ya dont want to google it N303HP is a ex-mil OH-58 and still sports the mil paint)

actually i just checked and its been ongoing past 1330 and particularly active right now at 1600hrs if anyone else wants to see how well they can rx it

Last edited:

AlphaFive

150 freq.

Now that's "very interesting" to quote Sgt. Shultz. I haven't received anything since I posted, coming up on a year now. I reread everything, and since you spotted aircraft, two items come to mind. The C.B.P. at 169.9375 acts exactly the same as this frequency, and also down in 148 & 149 Mhz. I do occasionally receive the C.A.P. Well now, I'm going to have to lock my 197 onto this again. Thanks for the hit on that, I think we're on the right track. Take care

AlphaFive

Carma page

A little research, I found an internet reference to the CARMA page out of Chicago. After spending time scrolling through I found that 150.0750 is assigned in an FM mode to a VQ3 squadron (Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron) maintenance. It is operated out of Tinker A.F.B. The information does not say what particular system in FM mode. I can only say that from W.N.C. it is a common occurrence for me to receive assorted N.O.R.A.D. activity coming out of Tinker. This is a very long way from confirming anything, but it is worth paying attention to and keeping in mind. I also saw a confusing reference to the Maryland Highway Patrol aircraft using the frequency, but the website looked pretty old and hard to navigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.