BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Scan All TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I loaded up my 436 of the local P25 Phase II system from RR. How do I get the 436 to scan all active TGs? Do I need to put a wildcard in the system or something else?

Linneweh

Premium Subscriber
Scan all IDs

In the Program System menu go to the system you want, go to Edit system options, go to ID Scan/Search and change to ID Search, you will stop on any and all IDs active.

marksmith

Just to be clear... you want it on search as opposed to scan. Scan will follow the entered and not avoided talkgroups.

Search will follow any active not avoided talkgroup found bt the control channel that is not encrypted.

If you loaded it through Sentinel, and it's a fairly mature system, as long as you have not locked anything out, you probably are listening to all active receivable talkgroups.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

kmi8dy

by putting the system in scan you will pick up all tg's associated with that system, if none are locked out. if you put the system in search, you will pick up, most likely many, many tg's not directly affiliated with the system that you originaly programmed ; next county, or next city over, if their using the same type system.

Last edited:

JoeyC

by putting the system in scan you will pick up all tg's associated with that system, if none are locked out. if you put the system in search, you will pick up, most likely many, many tg's not directly affiliated with the system that you originaly programmed ; next county, or next city over, if their using the same type system.

No! If you put the scanner in scan, you will pick up all talkgroups YOU HAVE PROGRAMMED that are not locked out.

The OP wants his scanner in ID SEARCH to pick up all talkgroups (not locked out).

marksmith

Can ID search, be used with the full Database?
No. Only with systems you have on favorites lists.

Just create a favorites list, and then append the system in the full database to that favorites list. Then you can select search as opposed to scan.

The full database is for documented talkgroups associated with a system only.

Mark

Last edited:

marksmith

The next city over, on another system, whether similar or not to the one you are monitoring WILL NOT be heard, unless they have talkgroups on the one you monitor. If they do, you are already receiving them.

By definition, if it is another system, making search/scan changes on your system will have no effect to hear another system.

Mark

kmi8dy

well i dont know whats going on, but my county is a p25 phase 1 and if i forget to change the selection to "id scan" ( its pre selected to "ID search" , (( freescan software)), i get many id's coming up that has nothing to do with my county at all ! thats the way it is with all my scanners; 396xt, 996xt, 396p2 maybe its something to do with a difference between phase 1 and phase 2 thing, i dont know?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
The only TGs that I selected avoid in Sentinel were the Public Works, therefore, in ID Search the 436 should receive all the other TGs?

Last edited:
D

darunimal

The only TGs that I selected avoid in Sentinel were the Public Works, therefore, in ID Search the 436 should receive all the other TGs.

1. Okay where did you "avoid" these: in the RRDB with Zip Code, or in a Favorite, or in Service Types? I would only use this term when I used the AVOID key (or scroll thing in Sentinel)

I loaded up my 436 of the local P25 Phase II system from RR. How do I get the 436 to scan all active TGs? Do I need to put a wildcard in the system or something else?

You stated in your first post, that you "loaded" these, which like "avoid" could mean several things,
2. Did you "build" a Favorites List w a System and Departments. I wouldn't use the term active unless you are talking about active or inactive quick keys (another highly confusing set of terms)

3. Do you want to SCAN the TGID's that you programmed for the built FL (less "Avoid"ed(L/O) TGID's), or do you want to scan all the tgid's possible that are on the System aka as ID SEARCH (that you have haven't "Avoid"ed (L/O)). If you answered yes ID SEARCH under the Favorite List, its inside the SYSTEM Menu: System Options you would change it to ID SEARCH YES instead of NO

4. If you built a FL with a System and Departments from the RRDB in the scanner (inside the Sentinel programming software) did you assign Quick Keys to FLQKs or SQKs or DQKs, are those active, Which Service Types are enabled, did you add anything by hand and turn on CUSTOM 1 in Service Types, did you turn off the RRDB Monitor Option so you just receive and Monitor your Favorite List

Last edited:
D

darunimal

well i dont know whats going on, but my county is a p25 phase 1 and if i forget to change the selection to "id scan" ( its pre selected to "ID search" , (( freescan software)), i get many id's coming up that has nothing to do with my county at all ! thats the way it is with all my scanners; 396xt, 996xt, 396p2 maybe its something to do with a difference between phase 1 and phase 2 thing, i dont know?

You are talking about a very large System that could have a hundreds of TGID's, especially when you turn on ID Search, they probably do have something to do with your county, unless you are on a larger REGIONWIDE/STATEWIDE System, hence you've added a ton of confusing to something that isn't very confusing, at all; if you'd explained in some kind of detail what you actually mean by what you say, the posts were separate and possibly couldn't help the OP without 'both' post being put into some kind of context. There's nothing different about phase i(1) and phase ii(2) systems. A System is a System is a System, you have large Systems, you have small Systems, some have 1 Site some have 124 Sites, some have 2 TGID's some have 820 TGID's. ID SEARCH will pick up any TGID that is on the SYSTEM and on a SITE. IF they (The SYSTEM and SITES) are programmed in and able to be received and the TGIDs are not locked out (avoided) the TGID will come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.