Programming WS1080 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilysakowski

Hello,
I have a programming question about the WS1080. I would like to create a scanlist or object that contains all of the AAR Railroad Frequencies instead of using the Service Search function in the scanner. The reason why I wan't to do this is because I can then setup the alert LED which is not possible with the service search mode. I was able to do this very easily with my WS1040 but I can't seem to figure out how to create a Railroad Search with all of the AAR frequencies as a scanlist or object in the WS1080. If someone could help me step by step to do this then that would be great.

Thank You.

troymail

Silent Key
Hello,
I have a programming question about the WS1080. I would like to create a scanlist or object that contains all of the AAR Railroad Frequencies instead of using the Service Search function in the scanner. The reason why I wan't to do this is because I can then setup the alert LED which is not possible with the service search mode. I was able to do this very easily with my WS1040 but I can't seem to figure out how to create a Railroad Search with all of the AAR frequencies as a scanlist or object in the WS1080. If someone could help me step by step to do this then that would be great.

Thank You.

Assuming you are trying to do this in the EZ Scan/PC app...

Go to the Library Import tab.

If you use the default Set Location "On", select the "Preferred" import type.

Then, click on the first item in the list "(Nationwide)" and then double-click on Agencies.

Click on Railroads and then Railroad Operations.

Select some or all of the sub categories and then Import Selected Channels.

vilysakowski

Is there also a way of doing this in the scanner without the EZ-Scan software? I'll try it the way you mentioned by using the EZ-Scan software.

Swipesy

Make Sure Location Setting is On

Menu
Browse Library- SEL>United States-SEL
Nationwide-SEL>Agencies-SEL>Railroads-SEL>Railroad Operations-SEL
Pick Items with SEL
When done with selection press Left Arrow then Menu>Import Selected-SEL
Pick ScanList

Status
Not open for further replies.