Programming in the Nashville area

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI4JY

Premium Subscriber
I hope I’ve posted this in the right place.

I’m looking for some programming help in the Nashville area. To make a long story short. I’m totally blind, have been in radios for years but took a break, got two new Uniden digital scanners, and now have no clue what I am doing. There’s a couple of really specific things I’d like to do, and I would like to be able to get specific help on it. I don’t mean to come off short, please understand, but I’m really looking for someone here in the area who can help me program my scanners right. I’ve messed with them for weeks on end and still haven’t gotten it exactly right. I know it is because I am doing something wrong.

I would appreciate anything you can do.

Alex

jpryor

Hello Alex. This is Jeff. You are in the right place here in the Tennessee forum.

I've been in the middle Tennessee area for a couple two years now, and have decent familiarity with both the Uniden scanners and the Metro digital system.

Which Uniden digital scanner models to you have?

Are you getting activity from the Metro digital system and various talk groups?

I have had some issues getting 'good' reception due to the digital simulcast nature of the system. Somewhat dependent on location and antennas.

What method would you like to pursue to further address the particular details (email, phone call, over the air, in person, etc)?

Jeff Pryor KC8NNO
Western Wilson County

AI4JY

Premium Subscriber
Jeff, so great to hear from you. I'm sorry for the late reply. I've got a Uniden 996 P2 and a 325P2, a desktop and a handheld. Basically, and this is the short version, I live in Goodlettsville and would like to have Goodlettsville agencies in my scanners and also the Madison metro police precinct. Possibly also Metro FD, but Goodlettsville and Madison are my main concerns. I've got Goodlettsville in fine and listen each day. But whenever I try to put any kind of metro in, I don't hear anything. I'll explain more and we can reach a solution if you can email me at alexhubbard7@gmail.com. Thanks so much. This is a huge relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.