Yavapai County Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIS262

Anyone have a channel plan for YCSO? The database has me a bit confused. Is there not a Channel 1 or primary dispatch?

KB7MIB

It depends on what part of the county you're in, as to which channel is dispatch.
What part of the county do you want to listen to?

John
Peoria

WIS262

Programming radios for when I travel, primarily the east side Prescott, Prescott Valley. But also trying to keep my Yavapai bank updated w/ correct info.

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
The first 8 channels in the database for YCSO are going to be your dispatch channels. In that Area you'll probably want the channels marked as "Sheriff", Spruce and Mingus. I believe most of those first 8 repeaters, if not all, are simulcasting the same traffic.

The Yarnell repeater covers Yarnell Area, Congress, and Wickenburg areas. Weeks will be the Bagdad Areas. Hi-Line I believe is Sedona area. BCC is Black Canyon City. I am not sure about the first one that is marked as "Sheriff" but I think its West Prescott and west of. I have all of the first 8 loaded up for when I am in that area.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a channel plan for YCSO? The database has me a bit confused. Is there not a Channel 1 or primary dispatch?

There is no 'primary' dispatch frequency. Traffic is dispatched on Ch 1 or Ch 6 (and carried on the associated simulcast sites).

• Ch 1 Mingus is simulcast on at least VOC, Cordes, and Squaw, and generally carries the Eastern Command area traffic. South command Cordes Lakes traffic is also carried here.
  • Ch 6 Spruce is simulcast on at least Table Mtn (Chino Valley), Hi-Line (Ashfork/Seligman), and Bill Wms, and generally carries the Northern Command area and Chino Valley PD traffic.
  • I have not confirmed the simulcast relationships for BCC, Yarnell, Bagdad and Weeks; however I monitor southwest area traffic on Ch 6 Spruce, so I suspect they simulcast Ch 6.
  • There are 3 command areas and 2 primary dispatch 'nets', so there is some overlap.
CH REC FREQ NAME
1 154.7400 Mingus
2 151.1825 Village of Oak Creek
3 151.2275 Cordes Junction
4 155.4375 Squaw Peak
5 151.3250 Black Canyon City
6 154.7250 Spruce
7 155.2725 Table Mtn
8 158.9550 Hi-Line
9 151.1300 Bill Williams
10 153.8150 Yarnell
11 155.7150 Weeks
12 153.8150 Bagdad

Northern Command Nora units
Ash Fork
Chino Valley
Paulden
Prescott
Lynx Mountain
Seligman
Walker
Williamson Valley

Southern Command Sam units
Black Canyon City
Cordes Lakes
Congress
Dewey-Humboldt
Prescott Country Club
Spring Valley
Yarnell
Wilhoit

Eastern Command Edward units
Big Park
Camp Verde
Cornville
Lake Montezuma
Oak Creek
Rim Rock-Beaver Creek
Verde Village
Village of Oak Creek

Last edited:

KB7MIB

So, northbound I-17 corridor would be 5, 3 and 1, correct?

Going up to Prescott via Wickenburg would be 6, 10 and 1?

John
Peoria

WIS262

There is no 'primary' dispatch frequency. Traffic is dispatched on Ch 1 or Ch 6 (and carried on the associated simulcast sites).

• Ch 1 Mingus is simulcast on at least VOC, Cordes, and Squaw, and generally carries the Eastern Command area traffic. South command Cordes Lakes traffic is also carried here.
  • Ch 6 Spruce is simulcast on at least Table Mtn (Chino Valley), Hi-Line (Ashfork/Seligman), and Bill Wms, and generally carries the Northern Command area and Chino Valley PD traffic.
  • I have not confirmed the simulcast relationships for BCC, Yarnell, Bagdad and Weeks; however I monitor southwest area traffic on Ch 6 Spruce, so I suspect they simulcast Ch 6.
  • There are 3 command areas and 2 primary dispatch 'nets', so there is some overlap.
CH REC FREQ NAME
1 154.7400 Mingus
2 151.1825 Village of Oak Creek
3 151.2275 Cordes Junction
4 155.4375 Squaw Peak
5 151.3250 Black Canyon City
6 154.7250 Spruce
7 155.2725 Table Mtn
8 158.9550 Hi-Line
9 151.1300 Bill Williams
10 153.8150 Yarnell
11 155.7150 Weeks
12 153.8150 Bagdad

Northern Command Nora units
Ash Fork
Chino Valley
Paulden
Prescott
Lynx Mountain
Seligman
Walker
Williamson Valley

Southern Command Sam units
Black Canyon City
Cordes Lakes
Congress
Dewey-Humboldt
Prescott Country Club
Spring Valley
Yarnell
Wilhoit

Eastern Command Edward units
Big Park
Camp Verde
Cornville
Lake Montezuma
Oak Creek
Rim Rock-Beaver Creek
Verde Village
Village of Oak Creek

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Now what about fire? The database is outdated. I know that Mayer & Yarnell are dispatched by Rural Metro on their respected channels. Sedona is no longer a regional center. Prescott is regional for their side of the county.. Am I close?

Status
Not open for further replies.