436HP receiving digital signal on Analog TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6KRU

The SD RCS system has reconfigured the fleetmaps for the the FD TGs. Since the change, my 436 is receiving digital signals on some of the Analog TGs. I have verified that the TGs are set to Analog.

The only way to use the scanner currently is to Avoid the offending channels. The dispatch channel is one of the affected channels so Avoiding it means the scanner is practically useless for monitoring the FD.

Does anyone have any ideas for solving this?

W6KRU

So you're saying it's receiving the wrong TG?

I'm not sure exactly what it is doing. It stops on an Analog TG and it sounds like a CC. It will sit there for some time( maybe just a minute or forever) with the digital noise blaring from the speaker.

K9JRF

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure exactly what it is doing. It stops on an Analog TG and it sounds like a CC. It will sit there for some time( maybe just a minute or forever) with the digital noise blaring from the speaker.

I see the system is a mixed mode system with Analog and Digital.

You might try setting the channel to Digital. Its possible they may have changed it to a Digital channel since your hearing what sounds like a CC when it goes to the analog talkgroup.

W6KRU

I see the system is a mixed mode system with Analog and Digital.

You might try setting the channel to Digital. Its possible they may have changed it to a Digital channel since your hearing what sounds like a CC when it goes to the analog talkgroup.

These FD TGs have always been Analog and they do work correctly sometimes. Also, my WS1080 works perfectly.

ETA: Dispatch was working fine 5 minutes ago and just now I have the digital noise blaring while the scanner is stopped on the Dispatch TG.

K9JRF

Premium Subscriber
These FD TGs have always been Analog and they do work correctly sometimes. Also, my WS1080 works perfectly.

In that case I'm at a loss... It has to be something with the Uniden since the WS1080 is picking it up fine.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Try setting the TG audio type to "ALL" and see what happens.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I understood what you said Kevin. I manually changed the Audio type to All. I haven't heard any digital noise since the change and I did hear a couple of dispatches. Fingers crossed. :lol:

I would bet dispatch is analog and some agencies/units/whatever are digital.

W6KRU

I would bet dispatch is analog and some agencies/units/whatever are digital.

I am also currently hearing units on command and TAC TGs. Dispatch is one of the affected TGs that the scanner was occasionally stopping on with the digital noise blaring from the speaker. Also, my WS1080 works perfectly on this dept without tinkering.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I am also currently hearing units on command and TAC TGs. Dispatch is one of the affected TGs that the scanner was occasionally stopping on with the digital noise blaring from the speaker. Also, my WS1080 works perfectly on this dept without tinkering.

I believe GRE/Whistler units default to "Mixed", the equivalent to "ALL" in Uniden.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
They have no Audio type setting as it is not required. They automatically know the audio type.

Not going to argue, but I'm pretty sure they do. Mine is 300 miles a way so I can't personally confirm this though.

W6KRU

I believe GRE/Whistler units default to "Mixed", the equivalent to "ALL" in Uniden.

They have no Audio type setting as it is not required. They automatically know the audio type.

ETA: My mistake. You are correct Mot systems have a Voice setting.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
From the WS-1080 Easier to read manual...

Voice (Motorola) Allows you to select the type of audio used. 'Project25' systems are automatically set to Digital. 'LTR' and 'EDACS' systems are automatically set to Analog and shown with N/A. 'Motorola' systems may be set to Digital, Analog, or Mixed. When a Motorola system is set to Mixed, there may be a short delay because the scanner first has to determine if the voice is analog or digital. So, if you are sure the system is Project25, set it to Digital, if you are sure it's analog only, set it to Analog to avoid this delay.
Scanner Press ◄ or ► to select Mixed, Analog, or Digital.
Software Click to select the Motorola System then click Voice to select from the drop-down menu. Default is Mixed.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Kevin what I was trying to say you did not understand is that if it was set to analog in the RR database then the download to the scanner would set it the same way which would cause the same problem you said.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Kevin what I was trying to say you did not understand is that if it was set to analog in the RR database then the download to the scanner would set it the same way which would cause the same problem you said.

Understood...

Status
Not open for further replies.