Greetings from Hamvention 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Greetings from Hamvention!

Thought I would give you guys a little teaser to start your morning!

See you soon!

Wendy

Attachments

• TRX-1 front.jpg
    TRX-1 front.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3,575

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Nice... Very Nice

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,226

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting the photo, Wendy; that's a nice-looking scanner!

Looking forward to DMR reception, and I will definitely buy both models if they perform better than the current scanners on LSM systems!

-Johnnie

K4APR

I'm curious what the mobile will look like and if it will have the remote head. That's the only thing keeping me from buying a WS1098 right now. If I can get the new model with a remote head, I'll wait. Otherwise, the 1098 will have to be my choice.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I think it's great that Wendy posted a pic of the new radio! Thank you!

Not to be mean or nasty, but at least from the outside it looks exactly like a WS 1088 but with what seems to be a rubberized rugged case surround. Even the display on the TRX picture is exactly what is shown in the picture for the 1088 on the Whistler web site. Not a big deal though - if the user interface works, don't fix it!

I'm sure the internal circuitry has changed to handle the additional protocols. Again I am hoping for an IQ demodulator for better LSM (simulcast) reception :)

Joe

Greetings from Hamvention!

Thought I would give you guys a little teaser to start your morning!

See you soon!

Wendy

radio3353

...I'm sure the internal circuitry has changed to handle the additional protocols. Again I am hoping for an IQ demodulator for better LSM (simulcast) reception :)
Joe

Yes, Joe. We can only hope. Otherwise, this new scanner is dead in the water for many people. I am not getting my hopes up. There has been no acknowledgement from Whistler about this problem being taken care of.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I also emailed Wendy the day after the announcement asking if the new TRX scanners will handle P25 LSM systems better and also if the DMR firmware will receive systems with RAS implemented. I have not heard back from her.

scannerjunkie

Nine.Nice.Very Nice. i like the rugged edges. looks like a non slip grip. otherwise the size and dimensions look the same as the 1080 & 668. if so and if they can make a removeable version of this case and make it able to slide onto the 1080 or 668 you would have one rugged scanner.

petrol88

I think it is obvious what the secret feature is. Just look closely at the model name.
TRX = Transmit/Receive

You will be able to transmit on any of the channels programmed into the scanner, using trunking protocol. No need to call 911, just key up and talk to them directly! I am so excited!!!

Panhandler

I think it is obvious what the secret feature is. Just look closely at the model name.
TRX = Transmit/Receive

You will be able to transmit on any of the channels programmed into the scanner, using trunking protocol. No need to call 911, just key up and talk to them directly! I am so excited!!!

That will be a game changer, if that is in fact the case.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
TRX = Transmit/Receive

:roll: yea and monkeys are going to fly out of your...

But, it's a nice looking photoshop picture. :wink:

wise871

Database Admin
TRX = Transmit/Receive

Deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.