Fleet Week 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Last year, the old Parade of Ships frequency of 277.800 was not reported to be used and no one confirmed another frequency used instead. Therefore, hopefully someone will be able to pick it up this year.
Also, last year, the Visitor Ops frequency was on 149.8875. Tbirds were reported on 141.175 and 235.250.

This year, one of the ships will be the USS Bataan which has an EDACS system (as of 2008) posted here.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5916

ecps92

USS Bataan LHD-5 Trunking System, Boston, Massachusetts - Scanner Frequencies

Last year, the old Parade of Ships frequency of 277.800 was not reported to be used and no one confirmed another frequency used instead. Therefore, hopefully someone will be able to pick it up this year.
Also, last year, the Visitor Ops frequency was on 149.8875. Tbirds were reported on 141.175 and 235.250.

This year, one of the ships will be the USS Bataan which has an EDACS system (as of 2008) posted here.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5916

ecps92

406-420 is as easy as the TRS it's designed around.

I've seen early (90's) documents that listed ships on Hydra and everyone runs away screaming, You can't listen/Trunk Track...well many of those ships we did listen to and trunk track and run trunker on. Not all were EFJ, some were Motorola and now we have Harris in the Game.

Just like the early 406-420 or 457/467 TRS, you needed to tweak your scanner for the Channel plan, Bet more are Phase I Motorola Trunks

Hierarchical Yet Dynamically Reprogrammable Architecture (HYDRA).
So many in the RRDB
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/US_Naval_Vessels

They may not be ENC but what scanner can track a Hydra system

ipfd320

Banned
For a Few Years now that I Have Been On the Belt Pkwy by the Bridge for the Parade of Ships Alot of the Vessels were Using VHF Marine Frequencies to Each Other While Txporting thru the Waterways from Bklyn to Manhattan--I Don,t Remember the Exact Freqs but Scan Thru them if Your Gonna be Around the Area Watching

From Experience Its a Blast Watching Them Pass You Up Close with all the Men & Women Lined Up Across the Decks of the Ships

Analogrules

I am getting hits on 139.200 MHz NAC293h, mostly P25 and a few times encrypted. Units are identified as Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island. If anyone else can get more info on this, please let me know.

Analogrules

I am thinking it is a temporary repeater allowing the ships in Manhattan, Ststen Island, and Brooklyn to communicate with each other. Although, I could be completely wrong.

FireBuff44

7:35 pm - USCG patrols reporting reports of small plane down in Hudson River in area of boat basin @ 79 st. This came over Marine channel 16.

FD/PD/CG are on Marine 17 with plane in water. CG111 has been active as well. The usual traffic on SOD of course.

believed to be a small single occupant plane. dive teams in water.

Tech792

They reported it to be a vintage p-47 plane

And 277.8 was used this year as the parade of ships entered the NYC area.

Analogrules

Thanks for the update Tech792. I also heard NJ State PD communicate with FDNY on their 453 MHz Common Interop frequencies. First time I heard the two departments on the same frequency.

123.100 and the Port Authority OEM 4 TG were active during water rescue. The Coast Guard Wiki should be updated to include 123.100 under "Air Operations" in the NYC area.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireBuff44

Utac-1 (453.4625) is the command channel being used between nyc units and north hudson fire rescue/hc oem at the scene.

nyc emergency management just did a radio check with the NJ side.

conflicting reports if the pilot was accounted for, many now saying the pilot was NOT accounted for.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking it is a temporary repeater allowing the ships in Manhattan, Ststen Island, and Brooklyn to communicate with each other. Although, I could be completely wrong.

Listening to it this evening they seem to be military police / security at the various piers; lots of chatter about clearing trucks in for deliveries.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update Tech792. I also heard NJ State PD communicate with FDNY on their 453 MHz Common Interop frequencies. First time I heard the two departments on the same frequency.

123.100 and the Port Authority OEM 4 TG were active during water rescue. The Coast Guard Wiki should be updated to include 123.100 under "Air Operations" in the NYC area.

I happened to be in NYC with five radios this afternoon / evening (don't ask). If I had to pick one, the winner for play-by-play for the rescue operation seems to have been the FDNY Command-1 channel, as rebroadcast over the Division 3 TG on the UHF DoITT system.

Also NYPD Tac G & H.

Operation is still going; apparently they've got the plane secured to a couple of the FDNY boats.

coolrich55

There is no oem tac4 in the DB. Could it have been 1 2 or 3? Good to see that they used the interop channels for what they're for. Only time I've heard them get much use is when the July 4th fireworks were on the Hudson.

Analogrules

It was talkgroup 241.... my scanner display indicated OEM 4, but I noticed the DB now calls it "Emergency Services Unit".

FireBuff44

Listening to it this evening they seem to be military police / security at the various piers; lots of chatter about clearing trucks in for deliveries.

This is the temporary repeater for Naval security forces at the piers. it includes the truck inspection area prior to entering pier 88/92. There are navy shore patrols doing force protection around all ships.

Seeems they rotate the freq of the repeater as over the years it has been on 139, 140, 141, and 149 mhz freqs.

NAC also rotates. Seen 293, ABC, DEF, etc.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
I happened to be in NYC with five radios this afternoon / evening (don't ask). If I had to pick one, the winner for play-by-play for the rescue operation seems to have been the FDNY Command-1 channel, as rebroadcast over the Division 3 TG on the UHF DoITT system.

Also NYPD Tac G & H.

Operation is still going; apparently they've got the plane secured to a couple of the FDNY boats.

Just to note that the rebroadcast Division 3 FG is of TAC1 (Primary Tactical) it's Channel 1 on the radios.
Command 1(Command Channel) is channel 2 on the radios and broadcasted by fieldcomm on the staff chief DOITT channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.