• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng UV82-WP Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kb2Jpd

Does anybody know which software I should use to program the Baofeng UV82 WP?

You mean the HP? Both work. Factory free software or CHIRP. Make sure you do the sqlech modifications so you can use it.

Great radio. Got the 82 220 version and the regular one. The extended battery and the gang charger are excellent second and third purchase.

Adam Kb2Jpd

DickH

You mean the HP? Both work. Factory free software or CHIRP. Make sure you do the sqlech modifications so you can use it.

Great radio. Got the 82 220 version and the regular one. The extended battery and the gang charger are excellent second and third purchase.

Adam Kb2Jpd

I use CHIRP for my UV-82. Make sure you use the right cable driver, old Prolific 3.2.0.0. Other versions do not work. Also, you should not need to modify the squelch.

Your radio should have the new Voltage Check feature. Hold the SCAN button and the battery voltage will read out.

Kb2Jpd

I use CHIRP for my UV-82. Make sure you use the right cable driver, old Prolific 3.2.0.0. Other versions do not work. Also, you should not need to modify the squelch.

Your radio should have the new Voltage Check feature. Hold the SCAN button and the battery voltage will read out.

That's good advice for CHIRP for Windows machines. On Linux CHIRP works just fine without the silly Prolific driver business. The squelch mod on miklor.com is necessary and makes the sqelech adjustment very usable. Read for your information and decide for yourself.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Squelch.php

DickH

That's good advice for CHIRP for Windows machines. On Linux CHIRP works just fine without the silly Prolific driver business. The squelch mod on miklor.com is necessary and makes the sqelech adjustment very usable. Read for your information and decide for yourself.

UV5R/UV82 Squelch Levels - Miklor

My squelch works just fine as is. Don't you remember the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? :)

zachgallop

Last edited:

billy1962

82WP - the water proof model... (I do not see dual PTT on the radio either - So this looks to actually be an A-58 which is 2 years old)

Straight from the Amazon listing you posted:

Technical Details
Not actually IP tested or certified; do not submerge in water

Marvomatic

Premium Subscriber
Also looking for this..

Just got mine today... And yes... there is no dual ptt witch really makes me mad and the newest chirp doesnt work... Please help..

rescuecomm

Any further information on software on this model of radio? It seems to be worth the $50.00 with the sealed knobs and /\/\ type of speaker mic/programming port for outdoor use.

Bob

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I have 5 of them. The Amazon vendor has a link in the listing to download the software.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The 5-pack I ordered included a programming cable. You can order radios with or without cables, and they have a separate listing for the cable.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No. You have to reboot the radio while holding down a key, so it's not "easy" to use the VFO, but the software doesn't offer the option to completely disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.