• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How do you clone a Tytera radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kb2Jpd

Hi from Adam Kb2jpd

Got another Tytera radio with the cloning cable. The procedure isn't on the website nor in the instructions.

How do you clone one to another using the cloning cable?

Adam Kb2jpd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kb2Jpd

Yes. I also tried master then slave. Then Kenwood style. Receiver then transmitter. No joy.

I also put one in firmware update mode and the other normal, both in update mode , held the firmware update buttons for more than 30 seconds, no joy either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
did you program your first radio, if so did you save the programming information, if you did then just upload it into the second radio, presto radio's cloned.

N4KVE

Because it seems you can't. Simply get the code plug, plug the radio into your laptop, move the curser to write, or clone, & push the mouse button. 30 seconds, & you're done. Do that 4 times. Don't forget to put each radio's ID into the radio before hitting write. How would you enter each radio's ID number if you were cloning directly from radio to radio?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
We are all trying to help you but you will not listen. You are new here and we are the ones you are asking for help. We offered you the only working solution and you ask why we did not build it we just use them.
You have your answer have a nice day.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
You know you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. Your question has been answered by me and every one else agrees with me, its that simple, what more do you want us to say.

If you don't want help with your problem then don't ask silly questions on here.

Read my earlier post, THE ANSWER IS IN FRONT OF YOU.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, as somebody has already said "you can lead a horse to water....."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, there's no point in trying to force it.

Resorting to name calling doesn't help either.

I would suggest you find another horse to help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.