Help Identify A Security Company On Cap+ In Hillsborough County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

I've found 3 different UHF frequencies in the Tampa / Hillsborough County area that are multicasting the same security company: 462.3000 + 452.6125 + 463.3125 MHz. All of these are Capacity Plus 1/2 channels with RAS and are simultaneously repeating the same talk groups.

They usually refer to their dispatcher as "Operations" (ex. "Bravo 229 to Operations"). They rarely give any location info other than building and unit numbers. Here's a few DSDPlus screenshots from 462.3000 MHz, but the activity is the same for the other 2 frequencies.

Does anyone know who this security company is? They sound a lot like cops but I don't think they are. They're very busy at night and seem to be patrolling a complex or a community of some sort. I once heard them call in a vehicle accident at the intersection of Summerfield Blvd / Fairwood Or Fairway.

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    183.1 KB · Views: 551
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.8 KB · Views: 508

CanesFan95

Do you happen to know what area or complex they're patrolling and if there's any other Capacity Plus RF frequencies on this system? Thanks.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Yes, definitely CIS.

They have dozens of properties in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, and Orange County. They're mostly apartments in the ghetto. Properties names and addresses are never directly voiced on the air. They're designated as "area" and a number. Area 12 and so on. The have a special squad dressed in tactical gear with AR-15's that works all the major TECO plants.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Yes, definitely CIS.

They have dozens of properties in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, and Orange County. They're mostly apartments in the ghetto. Properties names and addresses are never directly voiced on the air. They're designated as "area" and a number. Area 12 and so on. The have a special squad dressed in tactical gear with AR-15's that works all the major TECO plants.

I agree with Ryan on this. They have a bunch of locations they do Security at. I listen to their communications when they are active mostly during evening times and night times sometimes during the afternoon depends what is going on.

CanesFan95

The talk gruops I usually see are 17, 23, and 26. Does anyone know which one covers what areas?

CanesFan95

They're not on LTR anymore like the good ole days. Now they're on DMR, specifically, a Capacity Plus system with only 1 frequency (see my first post above).

CanesFan95

I think they're leasing space, because an FCC search shows the licensee as something that looks like a radio company (Allcomm Wireless). But there's another FCC result on the same frequency: STULL, CHARLES C. I see that name a lot on frequencies that are also licensed to radio companies. Whoever this "CHARLES STULL" guy is, he must be in the radio business or something.

It is very awkward how the FCC apparently allows different licensees to get the same frequency in close proximity to where they're only gonna end up interfering with each other.

Tryton

Hi All! I just got the dmr Alpha 2 installed.. How do I program it into my 536? I know we have BCI as well as Allcomm in oldsmar. Think I could program those and listen from largo? Any advise would be very helpful. Thanks!

CanesFan95

Hi All! I just got the dmr Alpha 2 installed.. How do I program it into my 536? I know we have BCI as well as Allcomm in oldsmar. Think I could program those and listen from largo? Any advise would be very helpful. Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the BCD536HP scanner, but am anxious to hear how it will perform. How good of an antenna do you have? A quick way to get started is to try 462.3000 + 452.6125 + 463.3125 Multicasting. These are each 1-frequency Cap+ systems that are busy at night with Critical Intervention Services.

tpredmore

I'm not familiar with the BCD536HP scanner, but am anxious to hear how it will perform. How good of an antenna do you have? A quick way to get started is to try 462.3000 + 452.6125 + 463.3125 Multicasting. These are each 1-frequency Cap+ systems that are busy at night with Critical Intervention Services.

I was able to listen to 462.3000 on my 436. I had to enter it as a conventional frequency to hear it. When I entered it as a MotoTrbo single-frequency, I didn't hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.