Lake County IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsam106

Lake County IN has moved its talk groups to TDMA. Apparently ARC XT does not support TDMAs. Does any one know if ARC XT Pro or Freescan supports this. If not do you know of a software that does? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah I forgot that ARC-XT was upgraded to support the P2 line...my bad. And FreeScan will also handle the P2 line if you upgrade to the latest beta. Just keep in mind that none of the XT line of scanners can handle Phase 2, and the software won't help in this case, because there's a fair amount of firmware and hardware differences between the P2 and XT line.

Mike

ajsam106

Thank you for the replies. I do have the BCD996P2. Maybe I wasn't clear on my post. I have been listening to all of Lake County, IN which included Lake County Fire, Merrillville PD and LC Sheriff. As of Friday of last week I noticed that RR has been showing updates for these. The update included changing the mode from "D" to "T". Which means TDMA Capable Talkgroup. The last time I used ARC XT to download these frequencies they were all "D", which the software handled and I downloaded the with no problem. Now that the mode has been changed to "T". I get this message that says: Type Message 9 - Subscript out of range. Which I take to mean ARC XT cannot download the TDMA information. What I am asking is there a software that can download the TDMA information or do I just need to change something on my scanner?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

ajsam106

ofd8001 - have you heard anything regarding the issue of Lake County IN. I am going to call Scanner Master today and see what they recommend. Will let you know the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.