LAX American Airlines Cap+

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at the new updates on this system, and I'm curious to know if this system is a "Conventional" system. Due to the group ID's listed being in the 4-digit range and since Cap+ group ID's only go up to 254 is that an error or still a work in progress? Unfortunately, I don't live near LAX and can't go verify the info myself just wanted to put that out for others also watching this system.

kma371

QRT
Looking at the history of the system, it used to be an LTR system and at some point it was changed to a Cap+.

We haven't had any actual updates in several years. The only recent changes were to modify adding color codes in accordance with new procedures on the admin side.

LAFlyer might have some good info or might be able to check. He updates a lot of the airport listings.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Yes I recall this was a pretty active LTR, but changed a MOTO TRBO a while back.

I cant vouch for the accuracy of the Talkgroups as I have not personally monitored them. They might be left over from LTR days, but I am near certain its a Cap+ system based on contacts I knew at AA when they switched radio systems.

With increase in DMR monitoring, I suspect we should be receiving growing volume of submissions and input on this and many other systems. I know Delta, FedEx and Southwest also utilize TRBO at LAX.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Having access to DMR capable receiver now, I was able to give system a listen.

Its confirmed as CAP+, however unfortunately its Encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.