Anyone have El Paso County Sheriff new system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyj99

Does anyone know about El Paso County Sheriff's new radio sysyem? Like there new radio frequencies and NAC coes? I use to listen to them, but since they went to P25. I haven't been able to find there new frequencies and what there NAC code is. Also, is El Paso Police radio sysyem encrypted?? Can anyone help out with this. Thanks

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Referring to El paso county Texas? Unfortunately the sheriff as well as the Texas DPS patch is fully encrypted on every talk group. The fire end has open talkgroups but I haven't listened in a long time. In the forums in the Texas if you scroll a couple pages or more a few discussions were existing with the fcc listing of the frequencies. You may want to add them all as there seems to be 3 different fcc listings of the frequencies. 1 with the old and 2 new sets. You could put them in discover mode and see what pops up. I don't have the links handy but they are in the forums under Texas. Like I say be sure to read both topics as it lists the 3 different fcc pages linked with the frequencies which one is for sheriff, other fire sets and the old for patching and interop. The fire is p25 phase 1 as well as sheriff primary and others. They have a couple phase 2 ones however those seem to be limited to tactical and surveillance. Those phase 2 groups use apx portables while the rest are using xts2500s and 1500s. The fire end of county uses both xts 5000s and apx 6000 portbales. Sheriff surveillance and special tactical drug operations which those guys have always been obscure from the rest of everyone radio wise even in the El Paso Sheriff patrol itself due to security reasons with the line of work they do. IA also has a tg but they are secure from everyone themself who isn't IA but they can key in on the sheriff channels if wanted just not patrol to IA or drug/surveillance. They have a inter department tg they all can mingle with also if patrol is needed with IA or the other two. You also want to add the interop nationwide channels as they can use those now specially the Texas call vhf and Texas law vhf. But on the system itself all law enforcement is encrypted and has been county wise minus the city but they are supose to follow the same direction eventually when they upgrade to phas 2 equipment within a year or so. I know they are shutting the patches to the old conventional off now more as everyone in the El Paso county area has now upgraded to equipment capable of the new system this past few months. They only used the patch to bridge the new to old for agencies running behind in getting new equipment. If the old conventional setup is silent then It would be safe to say it is depricated now and should be removed once someone updates it since the entire county entities are capable of having EPSO on new equipment and patching is no longer needed or used. It has been like this for over a year now I don't think many noticed as they patched the new and old for while.

Last edited:

tomas4569

Premium Subscriber
ELP County

have you had any luck with the sheriff's frequencies? i also noticed that horizon and fabens are not easy to find.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
The law enforcement activity with the SO is encrypted. Fire/EMS/Rescue can be found on the city's Phase 1 system, Talk Group 7051 dispatch and 7052 is TAC/Fire Ground.

nd5y

There are other old threads about this.
https://forums.radioreference.com/t...out-el-paso-co-sheriffs-new-radio-system.html

El Paso County licensed a "new" VHF P25 system a few years ago.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQWJ676
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQWJ496
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQNS715

It's not in the database because nobody in the El Paso area is capable of confirming and submitting the proper information to the database.

tomas4569

Premium Subscriber
Right. The sheriff's department was going to provoice but the RR database shows that the system as deprecated.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
I recall horizon and socorro, fabens had went p25 convenational at least two of them did. Though they planned to eventually join the sheriffs vhf system down road or have access to it. Not sure if they ever made the transition or stayed conventional. I know they did drop their own dispatch and consolidated with the el paso regional dispatch center.

CapSS92

Horizon and Socorro do their own dispatching but can get on SO freqs. Anthony only dispatches their units during the day and they are handled by SO at night. SO handles everyone else in the county. Interestingly enough Horizon now dispatches all the county volunteer fire departments but they are using the 800mhz system from the city, with their own talkgroups of course. I believe they have 5 channels. SO is the only agency located at the new 911 center along with city PD/FD, 911 and 311 calltakers. All other agencies are located in their respective jurisdictions. HTH.

Nomore1007

Feed Provider
Status
Not open for further replies.