West Hartford Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1QWH

Looks like the town of West Hartford is accepting bids until the end of June for a new town wide radio system. They're going with a P25 phase 1 and adding antenna sites at Hartford Insurance Group on Asylum Avenue and at West Farms Mall. They will continue to use the sites on Fern Street and the WCCC tower.

No word yet on a date for completion...

MarkB513

Obviously I don't think they are too concerned with their signal reaching outside of the town, but surprisingly I can receive them quite well from my mobile at home in Cheshire. One thing I have noticed is that their hotline talk group doesn't have the greatest coverage. While driving through West Hartford I find myself switching to the actual low band for better reception of both sides of the conversation. I realize it likely works fine for them with their immediate surrounding towns.

WA1QWH

Obviously I don't think they are too concerned with their signal reaching outside of the town, but surprisingly I can receive them quite well from my mobile at home in Cheshire. One thing I have noticed is that their hotline talk group doesn't have the greatest coverage. While driving through West Hartford I find myself switching to the actual low band for better reception of both sides of the conversation. I realize it likely works fine for them with their immediate surrounding towns.

The new sites at Hartford insurance and at West Farms Mall should improve things for them around town, but their analog channels and receive sites for things like the hotline and nearby towns inter-aid channels will remain at the WCCC tower.

There are no major changes proposed for those analog channels, but the antennas being specified for the new trunked sites are by Amphenol and have only a 60 degree beamwidth, meaning they will direct the signal toward the town, and won't be concerned about wide area coverage.

WA1QWH

Has anyone seen any information on how their new P25 system is progressing? Haven't seen anything about the build, testing or anything.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere on the interwebs is the work scope of the project. These things take times.

Im sure Keith may come up and state something

wesct

Somewhere on the interwebs is the work scope of the project. These things take times.

Im sure Keith may come up and state something

Keith is not talking, as he is upset (Another Story).

As for the status, The repeaters have been tested and are ready to go.

That is all I will be telling right now.

WA1QWH

New System Timeline

I just saw in West Hartford town council minutes from last month, the town manager said they will need about 63 thousand dollars in this years budget to maintain the old radio system until the end of the year.

He mentioned that the new system won't come online until December or January.

Status
Not open for further replies.