Wethersfield Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
I have a 996P2 and got it so I could listen to Wethersfield once again. I leave Wethersfield on for hours and I hear nothing. About two weeks ago I listened the whole day with nothing then in the evening I all of a sudden starting hearing calls. I have heard nothing since. It is very frustrating. Wondering if control channels are issue. It is on Firehouse currently. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

D

darunimal

Do you have all the frequencies programmed or just the control channel for this Wethersfield (Project 25) Trunking System, Wethersfield, Connecticut - Scanner Frequencies, I wouldn't use the Option of Control Channel Only until this problem is figured out, as well as until the System is fully online, which is still no guarantee that the control channel frequency will stay the same. If the other sites aren't powerful or offer a lot of coverage, I would just try to monitor the Firehouse site with at least a 2 second Hold Time if not 4 seconds. Also turn off Digital AGC off if you have it on, increasing squelch to 7-13 could help but I would try that lastly, another day.

WA1QWH

The site nearest to Hartford is on Ridge Road, and the high tower there should give great coverage over most of Hartford.

Make sure all of the trunked frequencies are programmed into the site info and perhaps try turning ID search "on". Also check "service types" and be sure all the right ones are checked.

Wethersfield PD isn't the busiest system in the area, they rely on the in-car laptops for a lot of communication, but you should at least hear calls being dispatched. There is also a system test at noon and 6 pm each day, where they set off the alarm horns at the firehouses and make a brief announcement.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You can try verifying that you have all the frequencies in AND delete or lockout the Berlin Turnpike and Executive Square sites. The system is a simulcast system and all 3 sites share all the frequencies. Having those two locations programmed in as separate sites could cause issues, especially if you have system hold times programmed in.
Also, if you download, the fireground channel is not correct (never was updated for rebanding). I would try 853.4375, as the FD is licensed for 3 watts on that channel.

chris

WA1QWH

You can try verifying that you have all the frequencies in AND delete or lockout the Berlin Turnpike and Executive Square sites. The system is a simulcast system and all 3 sites share all the frequencies. Having those two locations programmed in as separate sites could cause issues, especially if you have system hold times programmed in.
Also, if you download, the fireground channel is not correct (never was updated for rebanding). I would try 853.4375, as the FD is licensed for 3 watts on that channel.

chris

The Wethersfield system does not look like it uses unique identifiers for each site, they all use site 9-001 and TGID SYS:000Ah according to the analyzer function in the HP2. I don't think you can actually stop the receiver from "hearing" the 2 other sites, since they all use the frequencies simultaneously.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you do the Radioreference download, it incorrectly downloads as a 3 site multicast system rather than a 3 site simulcast system. Two of the sites only have 1 channel. I was questioning whether that would make a difference. I have been monitoring it fine from Farmington today.
There are other possibilities as far as interference is concerned.

chris

WA1QWH

If you do the Radioreference download, it incorrectly downloads as a 3 site multicast system rather than a 3 site simulcast system. Two of the sites only have 1 channel. I was questioning whether that would make a difference. I have been monitoring it fine from Farmington today.
There are other possibilities as far as interference is concerned.

chris

A good source of mine at PD says they are running all trunk frequencies simultaneously at all 3 sites. One item I don't understand is that they appear to be running 852.4500 only at the Berlin Turnpike site, along with the usual trunked freqs.

ecps92

Exactly what CG is pointing out. The info in the RRDB needs an update, to reflect ONE ZONE, of Simulcast. Not 3 Zones :roll:
A good source of mine at PD says they are running all trunk frequencies simultaneously at all 3 sites. One item I don't understand is that they appear to be running 852.4500 only at the Berlin Turnpike site, along with the usual trunked freqs.

MFCJR

I was wondering why my scanner would scan quickly past the Berlin Turnpike and Executive Square sites but slowly scan the Fire station 3 site like it should. Now that it's been brought up I see the Berlin Turnpike and Executive Square sites only have the control channel of 857.0625 listed in them.
Thanks for pointing that out.

WA1QWH

I have a 996P2 and got it so I could listen to Wethersfield once again. I leave Wethersfield on for hours and I hear nothing. About two weeks ago I listened the whole day with nothing then in the evening I all of a sudden starting hearing calls. I have heard nothing since. It is very frustrating. Wondering if control channels are issue. It is on Firehouse currently. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

anyway...has any of this helped with the original problem? Did any of the suggestions inprove your reception?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I updated the listing, see if that works. May take a few days for Uniden to pull the changes (they update the master database twice a week I believe)

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Thanks also PJH i was just going to ask when uniden updates the database, you answered by question

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
anyway...has any of this helped with the original problem? Did any of the suggestions inprove your reception?
The update to simulcast has gone thru as PJH requested. I downloaded the latest version and it shows 852.8375 my control channel. I am now getting coms between dispatch and a cars so that is far better than crickets. I will continue to monitor realizing as said earlier, use of laptops have really quieted any chatter.
Thanks to all for the help, greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.