Huntsville Lake of Bays Grass Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Large grass fire on going near Britannia Rd. and Brunel Rd. Huntsville Fire Chief has called in a water bomber from Sudbury, I think they said? They are trying to control grass fire buildings and vehicles at this time are a secondary measure. Water is a problem they are having a problem finding any just one small stream to work with.

Frequency in use 153.1400 CTCSS 151.4 Huntsville fire repeater

I do have a question why is Barrie Fire now dispatching Huntsville and all other area fire departments?

I'm using my dongle and D.S.D + but miss the old Uniden.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I do have a question why is Barrie Fire now dispatching Huntsville and all other area fire departments?

I don't know why but Barrie has been dispatching Huntsville for quite a while now. They also dispatch most of the other Muskoka area fire departments.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks to Mike for his info.
Except for a few hot spots the fire fighters have it beaten down, the Captain said to start tearing down the structures now, I guess to put out hot spots in them. I think the water bomber did the job, I heard a very large plane fly over about 40 minutes ago probably on its way to Muskoka Airport to fuel up before heading home. All stations from Huntsville and some from Lake of bays were responded other units were used as back ups and other Towns were put on stand by.
They did a great job this could of been a lot worse as the captains were talking that the flames were being sucked up by the winds and spreading. They attacked the leading edge as they called it heavily and side edges moderately.
Good work and Thank you to the volunteer fire fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.