Where can I buy a fm filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Rya

I put up an discone antenna outside mounted on roof and I seem to be getting the same if not worse quality then using the stock antenna that came with the Uniden BCT15X. I believe that this has something to so with all of the fm stations transmitting nearby and wanted to see if a fm filter would help but upon looking around I can't seem to find who sells them. I check radioshack's website and I don't see a product listing for it. Does Radioshack still sell them? If not, what other places do? Thanks

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
If you want a really good one check out Par electronics. If you just want a good one for cheap MCM electronics

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I put up an discone antenna outside mounted on roof and I seem to be getting the same if not worse quality then using the stock antenna that came with the Uniden BCT15X. I believe that this has something to so with all of the fm stations transmitting nearby and wanted to see if a fm filter would help but upon looking around I can't seem to find who sells them. I check radioshack's website and I don't see a product listing for it. Does Radioshack still sell them? If not, what other places do? Thanks

I would suggest a Stratsberg. I have use one for years and it works well.

Receive Filters, FM Notch and High Pass models

5Rya

If you want a really good one check out Par electronics. If you just want a good one for cheap MCM electronics

Do you know how much the Par one costs as it currently says email for pricing and I have sent a email but figured I would ask in the meantime. Also could you send me a link the MCM one as I have tried looking at that one but it seems like it always say that the product is unavailable. Thanks

W4OP

PAR Filter

The big difference between our filter and the Stridesburg is that the PAR recovers much more quickly above 108MHz so as to not attenuate the aero band.

Regards,

Dale
for PAR Electronics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.