BCD-536HP repair of multiple issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
After buying my BCD-536HP last year, I put it in the corner because of all of the problems and no Siren, and just got it out to play after seeing the DMR announcement. I now see that I purchased it 1 year plus 1 week ago ;(

I never sent it in for the speaker audio problem campaign, even set to High I now have to light a candle to see whether the backlight is even on, and the clock won't keep the time. I want it to be ready for the DMR upgrade (which I have already purchased [two of]) when that comes. [Living in Houston TX w/o DMR is like living most places without analog.]

I know there are a dozen threads with a thousand posts on these and other issues, but is there a single place where I can try to figure out how much money I need to send in with this unit to get all of this repaired in 1 fell swoop without incurring the warning on Uniden's site "We aren't responsible for radios if you don't pay in advance"?

Thanks!

...R

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I will do that today. And as a side-benefit, I will be less stressed out chomping at the bit for the DMR upgrade! Oh, crud. I forgot a have a 436, too. Oh well... Return of stress ;)

[I see you're in Houston, too. If you're ever SE, holler if you want a free dinner some time and/or want the $0.04 tour of Galveston County's modest radio setup (it's not quite worth a whole nickel).]

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Thanks! I will do that today. And as a side-benefit, I will be less stressed out chomping at the bit for the DMR upgrade! Oh, crud. I forgot a have a 436, too. Oh well... Return of stress ;)

[I see you're in Houston, too. If you're ever SE, holler if you want a free dinner some time and/or want the $0.04 tour of Galveston County's modest radio setup (it's not quite worth a whole nickel).]

I've had the nickel tour of GalCo...I've worked on 1A7 quite a bit, Zone 1, 2 and 3. :lol:

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Sorry; I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I think we've met. At Joey's COMT class at the RNOC a coupla months ago? Small world. Well, then... you can give ME some nickel tours ;)

...R

Voyager

If you only purchased it a year ago, it should not have the speaker issue, as that only affected very early production units (unless your dealer had it on the shelf for 18 months).

Regardless, the link Kevin posted will take care of everything - for free.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
That might be the case. I was an early adopter and purchased one of the very first ones (which got stolen out of our EOC), and it had the speaker problem, so I'm probably confusing them. Thanks again!

...R

Status
Not open for further replies.