Pulsating interference with the BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesrom67

I just received and started using my BCD436HP and I've learned how to use the basics. I'm a novice at this and as green as you can get. However, I regularly get a pulsating interference during which it's silent. This occurs during all frequencies except the weather channel. Can I get a suggestion as to what I can do to fix that? Is it par for the course? I prefer an answer from someone that knows exactly what they're talking about and not from someone that's trying to be helpful but they really aren't. I just want to save time, that's all. Thanks to anyone in advance.

kma371

QRT
I just received and started using my BCD436HP and I've learned how to use the basics. I'm a novice at this and as green as you can get. However, I regularly get a pulsating interference during which it's silent. This occurs during all frequencies except the weather channel. Can I get a suggestion as to what I can do to fix that? Is it par for the course? I prefer an answer from someone that knows exactly what they're talking about and not from someone that's trying to be helpful but they really aren't. I just want to save time, that's all. Thanks to anyone in advance.

Can you describe the interference ? Static? Tones?

nesrom67

Silence.

Thanks for replying. There are no tones, static, or interference. Unless silence is interference. It's like standing in front of you and while talking to you a fan blade cuts off my voice for a second every 2 seconds. The voices are clear but are cut off every second or two. I even drove in front of the LAPD Wilshire division with my scanner on to that frequency and the transmission was still sporadic. San Fernando signals are not encrypted and they are sporadic as well. Sorry for repeating myself. Thanks again.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
You're going to have a tough time getting a pat answer without more info. A short video clip would be very helpful. 2 things come to mind:
Does this interference go away if you change your location?
Do you have the close call feature activated?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
Thanks for replying. There are no tones, static, or interference. Unless silence is interference. It's like standing in front of you and while talking to you a fan blade cuts off my voice for a second every 2 seconds. The voices are clear but are cut off every second or two. I even drove in front of the LAPD Wilshire division with my scanner on to that frequency and the transmission was still sporadic. San Fernando signals are not encrypted and they are sporadic as well. Sorry for repeating myself. Thanks again.

Perhaps "priority" is on? That checks other channels every few seconds. But like the other person said, maybe a short video might be able to better describe what you are experiencing.

Voyager

You have Weather Priority, Channel Priority, or Close Call enabled. Disable them and/or put Close Call in DND mode.

@KMA: He said "silence". (well, actually "silent", but...)

Status
Not open for further replies.