audio9 - server disconnects (30+ a day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richad

Hi,

I am recently having issues with streaming to audio9.broadcastify.com - I am experiencing at least 30 dropouts a day on this server.

I have troubleshooted my ISP connection and my network to no end. I switched computers, had line tests run and everything looks great from my end. Latency, jitter, packet loss everything is looking great.

Yet I am getting never ending disconnects. The only part I am suspecting that is causing problems is the broadcastify server.

I would really really appreciate if someone could look into this for me from the server side. Otherwise I am really out of ideas.

As you can imagine, my listener base is getting seriously angry at me for the bad quality.

If I can give you any more info, please contact me.

Maybe if I could be switched from audio9 to another server? I dont know.

Please help.

Thank you

Richad

richad

Update:
While pinging international sites with 0 packet loss and great latency, my feed disconnected 10 times already since I made my original post. I am using proscan by the way to stream - I have had the same set up for 5 years already and never such issues. Looks like I might take it offline as I feel bad for the listeners :(

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Are you using AVG virus scanner? That is known to cause disconnects like this.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Download the trial version of PingPlotter and have it scan audio9 for 24 hours. I and several other members were having issues with audio3 a while back, and it turned out to be a bad backbone router in Chicago that was dropping all the packets at certain times.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Are we mortals able to see which server a feed is on? I am still having the feed I like disconnect, randomly, and for random lengths of time.

Sent via Tapatalk

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
My feed's on audio9 and has been rock solid since 11 June when my cable modem rebooted itself to take a firmware update.

n0nhp

Krokus: if you will notice, my reply was to richad, not you.
Unless you are the feed provider, the server the feed is on is not visible to the end user.
You are trying to hijack the thread and we are trying to help a fellow feed provider solve his problem.

Bruce

gwbryson

Feed Provider
Scanner Cast Audio Upload to Server Intermittent

I am experiencing the same problem. It started a few weeks back. Recently my cable modem was replaced and I thought that might solve the issue. It apparently did not solve it. I am using the latest edition of Scanner Cast V0.14 (10307) in Windows 10. I am wanting to solve this issue for my feed also.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.