1080 program question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highly

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I'am having a problem programming conventional nfm frequencies into the radio...going to program conventional frequency..enter 424.0625..setting DG analog...RX nfm..SQ search. Then save changes to a list..the frequency appears as 424.0600...even pgm 424.06251..gets 424.06500..what am I doing wrong?
Have tried several freq combinations but the radio will not program four numbers past the decimal point. could it be the nfm or fm and four places or the frequency range?
No problems with programming trunk system from scratch.....Hope somebody has gone through this.. Thanks, Highly

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WS1080 Program question

Well first make sure you have all updates for the scanner. But if you're trying to type in a conventional channel manually on the scanner you have to make sure the cursor is all the way to the RIGHT of the numbers you choose or it won't save it correctly. It has to be on the last digit to the right PAST what you want, then press the SEL arrow and assign to your playlist. Using EZScan is much faster of course

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Good evening Highly,

I believe you are butting heads with Whistler's band plan configuration. Indeed, they think they know better than you what you really want to listen to.

According to Marksscanners.com's 1080 bandplan (Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual), when using the American band plan, the 420-450 70cm Ham Band has a step size of 5 kHz. This is why the scanner is rounding your frequencies to the nearest 5 kHz (or, if considering megahertz, the 3rd or thousandths decimal place will either be a 0 or 5, and everything beyond that will be zero).

However, there should be a solution for you.

Go to the settings menu (I don't remember which firmware you are using):

• Scroll down quite a way until you find the "Bandplan" line. Change it to Canada.
  • Next, the line below should be "FlexStep." Enable FlexStep.
This should now allow you to program in steps of 1.25 kHz in the 420-450 band. 1.25kHz X 2 / 1000 = 42X.XX25, so you should be in business.

Don't you just love programmers saving us from ourselves?

Hope this works.

Justin

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
However, there should be a solution for you.

Go to the settings menu (I don't remember which firmware you are using):

• Scroll down quite a way until you find the "Bandplan" line. Change it to Canada.
  • Next, the line below should be "FlexStep." Enable FlexStep.
This should now allow you to program in steps of 1.25 kHz in the 420-450 band. 1.25kHz X 2 / 1000 = 42X.XX25, so you should be in business.

Don't you just love programmers saving us from ourselves?

Hope this works.

Justin

The first step of setting the Bandplan to Canada is unnecessary and can be skipped. The FlexStep setting will override the step size universally regardless of the Bandplan set.

Highly

Premium Subscriber
A big thanks to both of you...it worked...and that easier to read manual, didn't know about it...what a great source of information on the 1080..Looks like I might find more about the older scanners I have too! ...I'am thinking about getting the hard copy after they get the additional info. . In the region where I'am a portion of the 420 MHz band was taken from the ham band and is used by public safety, narrow band, within a 100 mile range of Canada, that happened about ten years ago, guess the programmers over looked the four states that use this band...Once again thanks, Highly

Status
Not open for further replies.