Coast Guard Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAGANC412912

I have had all them in for a long time and haven't heard anything. Even during the regatta. I know the DCNR Ranger at Point State Park uses the Pittsburgh Police channels but I never heard the CG on there or their own channels

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have had all them in for a long time and haven't heard anything. Even during the regatta. I know the DCNR Ranger at Point State Park uses the Pittsburgh Police channels but I never heard the CG on there or their own channels
You may hear them conversing with other vessels or broadcasting marine safety info on the marine channels but all other USCG operations are encrypted.

ecps92

YMMV but they are not ENC everywhere nor 100% ENC
It is always worth the Attempt
You may hear them conversing with other vessels or broadcasting marine safety info on the marine channels but all other USCG operations are encrypted.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
USCG AUX Pittsburgh

In 2013 I was working on a project on several Locks and Dams throughout the Pittsburgh region. While on site I noticed the the USCG Aux did regular patrols. As for frequencies in use:

156.6500 Marine Channel 13 used to coordinate with all vessels thru the Locks
157.1000 Marine Channel 22A used by USCG Sector Cleveland, broadcast weather and river conditions
156.8000 Marine Channel 16 monitored by everyone. USCG Sector Cleveland general announcement.
150.7000 USCG Aux radio traffic was lite at best

173.4625 ACOE
163.5875 ACOE

PAGANC412912

Hmm. Sector Louisville Kentucky is what I hear on 16 & 22A. Like I said I never hear anything on the NETs and heard an aircraft on the AUX one time and didn't think it was CG. It was Analog.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
In past visits to Pittsburgh, I have caught the Coast Guard on 162.2250 MHz, which is NOT one of the P-25 NET frequencies, but was one of the old LANT channels.

I don't know if this was a local channel they kept in use, but they are a rare catch there for some reason.

- Chris

ecps92

USCG Aux 150.7000 etc are generally Analog (Never experienced Aux using P25, yet)
So you likely did hear a CG Aux Aircraft
Hmm. Sector Louisville Kentucky is what I hear on 16 & 22A. Like I said I never hear anything on the NETs and heard an aircraft on the AUX one time and didn't think it was CG. It was Analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.