• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CS750 unmute issue on monitor mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a CS750 about a month ago for the primary purpose of using the monitor mode to learn and log info about my surrounding DMR systems. Since I only use it to monitor I've created all my channels as RX only. I'm noticing an issue were some channels are unmuting but others are not yet when audio is received I get the signal strength display but no audio on monitor mode. I have confirmed this by monitoring the same frequency on my CS as well as my XPR6550 right next to it and my XPR will unmute but my CS will just display signal strength but no audio. Is anyone experiencing this also?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that too and wondered about it, but don't know enough to ask about it. I had assumed that it was non-digital traffic or a trunked system that I couldn't read on the CS750.

Hope someone responds about this.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
It might be a slot thing....

In monitor mode, the CS750 should only unmute when there is audio on the channel and slot you're monitoring. If you're in monitor mode on a frequency set to Slot 1 and there is audio on Slot 2, the radio won't unmute.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It could be but I've tried to program a different slot on the channel and still saw the same thing.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
It might be a slot thing....

In monitor mode, the CS750 should only unmute when there is audio on the channel and slot you're monitoring. If you're in monitor mode on a frequency set to Slot 1 and there is audio on Slot 2, the radio won't unmute.

I've programmed both slots on a frequency which was exactly the same as my XPR and my XPR would unmute but the CS would show the signal strength meter but no audio regardless of slot

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I've never had the unmute problem... My CS750 works on the local commercial DMR channels that I monitor. I can't imagine what else would cause that.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
It seems I might have found a solution to this issue. I was scouring the forums and found the same issue with the Tytera MD-380 and apparently with that radio if the TX/RX frequencies are the same and RX only is checked then the radio will not unmute. I have not tested this with the CS yet but it's something.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Possible Reason

May have found a reason for this. Today I was checking out several DMR frequencies I located using DSDPlus. Some of these were listed as CAP+ systems, when I programmed them into the CS750 the radio would not open up. I think it's because (I believe) the systems were transmitting data and not voice. Nothing was heard on DSDPlus either, but the regular DMR frequencies were heard fine on the Radio and DSDPlus.

This might be the cause of the signal indicator but no audio.

Any thoughts on this theory guys?

nanZor

This is a known issue to CSI, but apparently we are awaiting a fix from the manufacturer.

This will happen not only in monitor mode, but also with programmed channels as well.

Thing is, it doesn't happen right away. The problem is exacerbated sometimes by long-winded nets / qso's with a very delayed carrier drops, and if/when the drop finally does come, audio is restored. In the meantime, you could miss many minutes of comms.

The short-term solution when this happens is to temporarily move the channel knob away and back. Presto - audio restored. For monitor mode, you'll have to toggle it.

I too have other radios, that do not behave this way when sitting side by side, so this audio lockup was really frustrating, including the earlier 700 which does not exhibit this behavior.

Those who only monitor short transmissions, or do not have any other radio to compare it with, may never notice, but attribute the problem to the system itself, when the firmware in the 750 is what needs updating.

I also mentioned the fact that the talkgroup should not remain active when you unscrew the antenna (emulating loss of rf) when the tg has active comms. No other dmr radio I know of hangs on to the talkgroup when there is a major loss of rf. In fact, depending on how weirdly you unscrew the duck for this test, you *may* initiate the audio lockup - requiring a knob twiddle away and back as the temporary fix.

Might be worth mentioning to them to help convince the manufacturer that this is indeed an issue, and not just a bunch of guys unfamiliar with dmr. I have - perhaps others who can demonstrate this like you did with your 6550 sitting side by side might convince them to fix the firmware issue - their earlier version -the 700- did NOT act this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

nanZor

NOTE - I noticed that there has been a firmware upgrade (as well as a CPS upgrade) as of July 15 2016.

Here's hoping they fixed the audio lockup - will try tomorrow...

Colodave

Same issue

I have the same issue to a point,, I had my 700 and 701 upgraded to 750 and 751 two years ago. when I got them back I could also see signal receiving but no audio, also transmit seemed to have issue also. talked to CSI and sent radios back to them to have them checked out. Got them back and have redone my code plugs and tried other folks code plugs and have the same issue. At this point I have two book ends with lights since they are useless as radios. I have the issue on digital and analogue both in fact my throw away baufang out performs my CSI radios. So if anyone has a fix please let me know I have updated firmware to latest and the programmer to latest versions. have also tried programming from different PC's still same Need a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.