TTD+Minitor 4 speaker output=work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csx4780

I'm currently working on getting TTD setup and was telling some of my guys at the station about it. I showed them the webpage etc etc and they all think this is a pretty cool deal. One of them asked me why I don't just use one of our old Minitor 4 pagers as the input since its already programmed for our tones.

What say you TTD gurus? Will that work or not? It would save me a little $$ on my end.

Thanks!

Travis

DC31

Feed Provider
I'm currently working on getting TTD setup and was telling some of my guys at the station about it. I showed them the webpage etc etc and they all think this is a pretty cool deal. One of them asked me why I don't just use one of our old Minitor 4 pagers as the input since its already programmed for our tones.

What say you TTD gurus? Will that work or not? It would save me a little $$ on my end.

Thanks!

Travis

All you need is a radio device that receives the frequency that you are dispatched on. A Minitor4 could do this. However, the problem that you may experience is that even in monitor mode the audio out will include the minitor beeps rather than all of the Btone. TTD really needs to hear most, if not all, of both the Atone and the Btone. Somewhere i read something about how to disable the beeps in monitor mode but i can't find it now. Or you could just remove the programming for your tone set.

A $40 Baofeng UV-5R radio off Amazon works pretty well if you don't have a spare scanner or radio hanging around. Probably will need a 2.5mm x 3.5 mm adapter for the audio cable with a Baofeng.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If the Minitor is programmed for a steady tone out, then setup TTD for that long tone, then it might work.

Sent via Tapatalk

nated1992

Just remove the tones from the pager...

It would work just like a receiver that you would pass the audio to the computer with.

Would work just fine... However if you live the 2 tone codes in the pager it will not decode your tone in the TTD program because the pager will activate.

But yes your idea would work!

Status
Not open for further replies.