Pro 651

Status
Not open for further replies.

lja

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro 651 that has no output sound for squelch adjustment or scanning but the keypad and error beeps are audible. I have not found any settings that control it. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

N8IAA

I have a Pro 651 that has no output sound for squelch adjustment or scanning but the keypad and error beeps are audible. I have not found any settings that control it. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Why would there be a sound for the adjustable knob on the top of the radio? It is a normal squelch pot.
Don't understand what sound are you expecting for scanning.
I own a 106, the 651 is the Whistler version. Can you explain what you mean?
Larry

lja

Premium Subscriber
Setting the squelch threshold does not have any audible sound when adjusting, static/ silence while adjusting volume and squelch pot. No sound when scanning, no audible output from speaker. May be related to incomplete upgrading to 2.9 software, also had adverse effect to memory. Will re-install upgrade and see what happens.

Lou

Chronic

On channels programed with a PL tone the squelch will not open to white noise

sjgostovich

I had the same issue with a Pro652. Tune in your local NOAA channel and turn the volume all the way up. I bet you will hear it but it will be faint. No audio output from the headphone jack either im guessing?

lja

Premium Subscriber
Exactly the same with no output on the ear phones except key beeps. Did you solve the problem? I cannot find a repair shop here in the Denver Metro area to look at it, HRO does not work on them. May have to break out the impact wrench, chisels and maybe the plasma cutter.

sjgostovich

The research I did pointed to something disconnected with the earphone jack. It was well out of the scope of my abilities to fix. I was able to send the unit back to the retailer thankfully. I beleive this can be repaired by either Uniden (who will work on RS scanners) or I would try G&G Communications: Home Page

Alot of people on here have used G&G and been very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.