DMR Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
The DMR update for the 1080/1088 and 1095/1098 should be available at the end of the month.
(The Whistler Offices will be closed on Monday in observance of Memorial Day)

Have a safe Memorial Day!

Attachments

• Memorial-Day-Flag.png
    Memorial-Day-Flag.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,655

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Thanks Wendy and all the folks at Whistler. Take the long week end off. You've certainly earned it.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
DMR Updates

Will the NXDN update be compatible with the WS-1098? Sorry if this has been answered before, I looked and couldn't find it asked anywhere...

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Will the NXDN update be compatible with the WS-1098? Sorry if this has been answered before, I looked and couldn't find it asked anywhere...

Wendy also posted a direct response in one of the many threads that have been created. There is just way too many threads to sift through to find real information these days...

The 1088/1098 will not receive the NXDN upgrade.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Will Whistlers with the DMR upgrade be able to monitor private calls?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Whistler Updates

Wendy also posted a direct response in one of the many threads that have been created. There is just way too many threads to sift through to find real information these days...

TRP-2525 posted a response to my question about the NXDN upgrade being available for the WS-1095/1098 and posted a link to Whistler's Press Release. Direct quote from the press release:

As a further investment in their customers, Whistler will be offering a DMR update at no charge to customers owning models WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, and WS1098. This upgrade will be available via the EZ Scan pc app later this month.

Judging from this it would appear the NXDN would be available as well...

Thanks guys for your responses!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
How do you figure? There was no mention of NXDN there at all.... Besides, if they add NXDN to the existing line, then what's the point of the new TRX series?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
DMR Updates

The quote was from the press release from Whistler indicating the DMR updates would be provided to people who have the WS-1095/1098. From that, If the DMR updates were provided, why would they not provide the NXDN update?

Do you see something I don't?

trp2525

TRP-2525 posted a response to my question about the NXDN upgrade being available for the WS-1095/1098 and posted a link to Whistler's Press Release. Direct quote from the press release:

As a further investment in their customers, Whistler will be offering a DMR update at no charge to customers owning models WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, and WS1098. This upgrade will be available via the EZ Scan pc app later this month.

Judging from this it would appear the NXDN would be available as well...

Whistler Wendy (the marketing rep from Whistler) has stated directly in a thread here on RR that the NXDN upgrade will NOT be available for the WS1088 or WS1098. I would believe that statement to be more credible compared to an assumption based on the Whistler press release.

Here is the direct link to Whistler Wendy's statement in post #77 in this RR thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/wh...reetings-hamvention-2016-a-4.html#post2577184

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It's what I don't see unfortunately... While the press release specifically says DMR would be added to existing radios it mentions nothing about NDXN. That, and the comments from other folks saying Whistler has specifically said it won't be released for these radios.

I'd love to be wrong though :)

Edit: Typo!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Whistler Wendy told me personally that only the newer scanners have enough memory for NXDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.