Tytera MD-380 for monitoring public service

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
To make it work you need a few pieces of information.
Dave what agencies are you trying to hear.
1. Frequency
2. Color Code
3. Slot 1 or 2
4. Talkgroup ID
To make this work like a scanner you will have to enter a Tx other than the RX (other wise the slot function does not work).
Add the channel to a ZONE AND SCAN LIST and you should be off and running.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
MD-380

Thanks for info.
I am currently monitoring Cleveland PD, Peninsula VFD and Rogers county dispatch with a modified scanner and dsdplus software.

RR has the color code info, but I don't know where to find the link information.

peterjmag

No, I didn't know we were discussing price. Remember Dave, Tulsa is in the process of going P25 phase 2. Why not kill two birds with one stone and get one of the new scanners coming out that you will have all your basis covered i.e. Phase 2 and DMR? What is the old saying? Pay once, cry once...

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Pay once, cry once...

Lol!

I have the 2nd Beta DMR load for my 436HP and CC and Slot is *all* I can get it to do. Decided to stop fighting with it and wait for the production version.

Saw the TRX-1 and 2 at Dayton. The 2 looks like their current mobiles. The 1 didn't look like anything they currently have, at least that I know of, but I don't know Whistler's products that well.

Another thing to consider is that Whistler has promised a NXDN update in the near future for their new radios. That would give you all but ProVoice (and D-STAR). Nothing from Uniden about NXDN, but they need to get their DMR stuff straightened out first, methinks. ProVoice, or lack thereof, is a consideration if you are near OKC, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.