Pro-96: How to get bank name to show instead of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentley

I've tried searching but couldn't come up with anything....on my pro-2096 when in scan mode, some of my channels show up with the "CT: numbers" at the bottom of the display and others show up with the bank name. Is there any way to change that so it always shows bank name? Same with trunked banks. How do I get the TGID to show instead of the numbers themselves. (using ARC96)

Swipesy

When I had my Pro-96 I used Win96 to program it. On the Settings Tab was a box for "Trunk ID Display" It had two options (1) Text (2) Code. See if ARC has same option somewhere and check Text.

On the Channels Tab of Win96 you named the Bank, and it had a column for Alpha Tag for Conventional and Alpha Tag for Trunked. Make sure you have the Alpha Tag filled in as well as the freq/TG numbers.

Best I can do.

Bentley

Thank you so much for the reply. I had win96 in the past. I may switch back over to that. Having some trouble navigating the options I want in arc. I'll *try* and find those options. Thanks again!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Bank name to show instead?

When you're scanning a Trunked system and want to toggle the Talkgroup number and description just push "text" during a transmission to show that. Leave it on whatever you wish. When you want to toggle CT, DC etc.... push MODE to see the bottom lines change. To type in text you always use the program/text buttons. If you want something to always show up on a trunked system? just type what you want on the Control channel itself and it will skip to each freq showing that description along with the text or talkgroup. Here's the Pro96 manual on PDF from Rshack. It's the same as the Pro2096. I found ARC96 much easier and it responded perfectly to the usb setup I had. Win96 didn't and was a giant pain. The spaces to type in the description for each BANK name are easier to do in the ARC96 Software.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/doc71/71778.pdf

How to change a BANK NAME so it shows up at the bottom of each channel - this should be done on the FIRST channel of a bank 100, 200, 300 etc.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_tutorials/communications/200-0526/pro96_tut-f2.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.