Portland Area DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying out the new DMR firmware for the BCD436HP & BCD536HP. I've managed to find these:

464.8625 Color Code 1 OHSU Police Dispatch - Portland Main Campus Repeater
462.0000 Color Code 12 OHSU Police Dispatch - Beaverton West Campus Repeater (linked with 464.8625)
464.8750 Color Code 1 Legacy Emanuel Medical Center Security Dispatch (License also shows Legacy Meridian Park)
462.0625 Color Code 13 Providence Portland Medical Center Security Dispatch TG 108 Slot 2
452.7750 Color Code 15 Providence Newberg Medical Center Security Dispatch TG 108 Slot 2
461.7500 Color Code 14 Providence Portland or Prov St Vincent Unknown Use (Heard "By the ambulance bay")
461.7000 Color Code 11 Tuality Hillsboro Hospital Security Dispatch
451.4000 Color Code 9 Kaiser Westside Medical Center Unknown Use

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting that. I'm still on the fence as to whether to purchase the DMR upgrade. How is the decode quality?

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. I'm using my 436HP with a Diamond RH77CA and my 536HP with the back of set antenna. Providence Portland is crystal clear with zero to one bar in the signal meter, some garble from OHSU but I am listening all the way from Sherwood without an outside antenna. I'm very impressed with the decode but there is a bug the unofficial firmware which Uniden is aware of and will be working to fix. Since DMR uses talkgroups if you want to see the TGs you need to program the conventional frequency as a DMR one frequency trunk system. Right now if you program a conventional DMR frequency as a One Frequency trunk system it misses the first transmission every time. So I have them programmed as conventional frequencies and it picks up every transmission. I did listen to a little of the TRBOWEST business trunked system and it sounded good. So did the Stonehenge DMR amateur repeater.

I did some digging in the FCC licenses for the Portland area and it looks like just about every hospital in the area uses UHF and has DMR licensed as one of the emission types.

By the way you asked about Tillamook PUD a while back. It looks like they are using DMR. I drove down to Newberg yesterday and I was just barely able to pickup 160.935 and 158.430. The signal was too weak to get any audio but the radio did show DMR. TPUD has the only license in Oregon for 160.935 so it was probably them.

I'll try to record some audio and make a couple of Youtube videos. I'll post the links here when I do.

Baker845

Clackamas town center Mall security has motorola TRBO, so sounds like a good upgrade to the scanner.

mm

Curious what is the Frequency for the Stonehenge Ham repeater?

I hope it's on UHF, then maybe my Moto Sl7550 will get some use after all.

DickH

Curious what is the Frequency for the Stonehenge Ham repeater?

I hope it's on UHF, then maybe my Moto Sl7550 will get some use after all.

There are two more on Stonehedge Tower;
440.350 KB7OYI
443.050 WA7BND

Where is Stonehedge Tower?

jeb2942

Feed Provider
The radio tower is located at 4700 SW Council Crest Dr and is known as 'Stonehenge' or 'KGON' tower. The 600' tower hosts KBOO, KGON, KPDQ-FM, KXJM, KKSN-FM, KWJJ and several amateur and business repeaters.

DickH

The radio tower is located at 4700 SW Council Crest Dr and is known as 'Stonehenge' or 'KGON' tower. The 600' tower hosts KBOO, KGON, KPDQ-FM, KXJM, KKSN-FM, KWJJ and several amateur and business repeaters.

Thamks.

boycesm

RR System Configuration?

Since we're now getting more visibility into DMR in the Portland Area,

I noticed the TRBOWest Site that hosts hundreds of frequencies and a lot of out of area TG's is there a point to including TG's that are not line of site, or included in the local repeaters?

And if not, has anyone asked the RR DB admins to create a local "Site" or only the Oregon locations?

I feel like I don't care to monitor the DB if and when they start passing the DMR Sites to the Uniden Scanners, if it includes everything.

Any thoughts on this Oregon?

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
The Stonehenge TRBOWEST site has 15 frequencies. By listening to that site you wouldn't hear every user on the system. The only users you would hear are the ones that are close enough to the Stonehenge site to have their radios affiliate to that site which causes their talkgroups to come across that site. So stuff in eastern Washington/Idaho or even other parts of Oregon probably won't be heard unless its some business that operates over a wide-area.

boycesm

DMR in Portland

Thats what I mean there are a lot of sites in that DB that if you don't travel north and south you'll never hear.

Anyone think we could convince the DB Admins to trim it down to what we can hear, not what is on this half of the hemisphere?

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I can place the talkgroups into smaller regional lists like Portland or Seattle or Spokane etc. is that what you are asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boycesm

I can place the talkgroups into smaller regional lists like Portland or Seattle or Spokane etc. is that what you are asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, But I don't want to make the change solely for myself, I'd rather have every one Watching Oregon Thread approach it since its not my personal DB.

But I Would Imagine you'd have Portland DMR Day Wireless; Portland LTR Day Wireless. Since Day Wireless seems to own the DMR Frequencies in the area.

Up to the rest of Oregon though, but I think if it was broken up by county/city then it'd be a lot easier to "Manage" and track down each TG.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
A couple more DMR frequencies - If you are near PDX, United Airlines is running DMR on 460.7250 MHz, I can't remember what the color code was.

Also, I have heard some DMR on 153.4850 MHz. It is licensed to Portland General Electric, but not sure what they are using it for. Communication shave been brief and informal when I have heard the frequency active...

- Chris

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
151.010 color code 3 is Forest Grove Public Works. I didn't happen to grab the talkgroups but slot 1 is channel 1 and slot 2 is channel 2.

ChrisP I think 153.485 color code 3 is Forest Grove Light & Power. Forest Grove has a license for that frequency. The license says official hospital communications but Tuality operates the Forest Grove hospital. The transmitter location from the license is a power substation in Forest Grove. PGE has that frequency licensed for the Ripplebrook area of SE Clackamas County.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
ChrisP I think 153.485 color code 3 is Forest Grove Light & Power. Forest Grove has a license for that frequency. The license says official hospital communications but Tuality operates the Forest Grove hospital. The transmitter location from the license is a power substation in Forest Grove. PGE has that frequency licensed for the Ripplebrook area of SE Clackamas County.

Thanks, I did not see that license when I was searching for a user.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.