Got tired of the dim pale blue BCD536HP display

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
With the DMR upgrade out I wasn't about to wait a month for a repair. The yellow doesn't really go with the white buttons but I was too lazy to change those out as well. It's far easier to see now but I might still go with some bright white LEDs later on. I'm going to use it like this for a while and see how I like it.

The procedure really isn't bad at all if you are familiar with SMT work.

20160530_183205_zpsnvgynelv.jpg

20160530_184759_zpslvgz506t.jpg

Last edited:

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I was never really a huge fan of the orange display on my 125AT, but it is so much better than the...whitish blue that some claim is soft tan or whatever...display on the x36HP line.

Good Jerb!

QDP2012

With the DMR upgrade out I wasn't about to wait a month for a repair. The yellow doesn't really go with the white buttons but I was too lazy to change those out as well. It's far easier to see now but I might still go with some bright white LEDs later on. I'm going to use it like this for a while and see how I like it.

The procedure really isn't bad at all if you are familiar with SMT work.

That looks a lot better than the blue-ish option! Did you order the replacement lamp/bulb from a vendor, or did you gut some other unit and put its light into this unit?

Thanks,

mancow

Database Admin
That looks a lot better than the blue-ish option! Did you order the replacement lamp/bulb from a vendor, or did you gut some other unit and put its light into this unit?

Thanks,

I had a strip of them on hand for another project. I don't have the info on what they were. I had posted some info earlier but edited it because after looking it up it was not the same part.

Last edited:

QDP2012

I had a strip of them on hand for another project. I don't have the info on what they were. I had posted some info earlier but edited it because after looking it up it was not the same part.
Wish I knew what exactly they are.

Thanks. I really like this option better than the blue-ish. It seems so much easier to read, and without prolonged eye strain. Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.